Premium vs. Premium Plus

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
Ok guys. What is the difference between Quicksilver Premium and Quicksilver Premium Plus? Can the two be mixed safely? My boat dealer only had the Premium Plus 2 stroke oil, so I picked up a gallon. When I got home, I realized that it had just the Premium in the boat already.

Thanks,

Bryan

Is this your first boat ?BPS gives free boating classes during some of their seminars....Your ok with either one..I prefer the Premium 2......Good luck

Nope not the first boat. Actually my 4th. Every one is like learning how to ride a bike again. LOL

Bryan

As long as you use a TCW 3 you will be fine,,,I prefer mercury but BPS puts their 1 gallons of Citgo on sale for 5 bucks...Congrats on your new rig dude....

Premium Plus is better. It's a synthetic blend oil which means better protection, lower heat, and less smoke.

+ is better but, I've been runnin' the regualr for three years now because I got a case of it on sale at BPS a few months ago for $48:)

I've been told that the Premium + is designed more for the four cyliders and up.....

Thanks guys....I am glad everyone here doesn't think I am an idiot for asking that question. After I posted it, I thought....that was a dumb question.

LOL

Bryan

NC,

Dont mix the synthetic and the regular oil. Run the old out or drain it before you put the synthetic in.

Jaws

My dealer just told me it doesn't matter if you mix the regular with the synthetic. Now it's a matter of who to believe huh?

Bryan

The only dumb questions on here are the ones that arent asked

If you ran a poll on this board, my questions would be classified as "Most Area For Improvement". Found this folks to be most gracious, willing and intelligent.

I use the Premium Plus

Latest posts

Back