Power Poles ???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg plunkett

Reaction score
I am thinking that one day i "might" be able to afford a couple of power poles. Has anyone put some on a Z6 and im wanting to know what size would be best 8 foot or 10 foot and how much speed would i be losing. i know that if i do get some i will get the new blade "lighter". I just wish that someone would give power pole some real competition so the price will go down. The new blade is like $1700 , and by the time you buy 2 and have them installed i could pay off alot of crap... Tooooo dang expensive. BUT maybe just maybe one of these days " come on texas lotto"

If you know what you are doing you don't need 2. It is nice but I fished the St Johns river in Florida with 1 and it worked well in current/tide/wind. Mounted correctly, the poles and pumps are not going to cause any loss of speed. There is competition....Minkota Talon. They just came out with a new bracket that allows them to "lay down" so that you can put it in a garage. Length depends on the average water depths you are going to fish in with them. My next boat will have PP's on it, that much I know.

TOXIC

Wouldn't you be better off buying a Minn Kota Ipolt with "Spot Lock' built in? That way any depth you fish in any Lake or River, your boat will hold the spot.

no cause i dont want my trolling motor running all the time.. great product but thats not what i have in mine

I have a 2008 Z6 and have 1 powerpole, no loss of speed. I don't use it as much as I thought I would. It looks "cool" more then anything.

I put a 8ft talon on my Z7 and I use it all the time. It is great. I did not want to have to mess with the hyd. on the power pole. It is about the same price of the power pole.

IF you are looking for some front end control.......take a look at TROLL PERFECT....some of the "pro boys" are using it and have rave reviews:cool:....

just a thought....I love mine:wub::wub::wub:

I have two. They are awesome. No loss in speed.

Latest posts

Back