Plug for fishing supply site

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals:

Don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I have to plug a store I ran across on the 'net. Started when my neighbor and I were down at Lake Anna fishing earlier this summer. He was killing 'em in the early early morning with a particular popper in threadfin shad colors. I couldn't find them at my local store and didn't have time to head north to the BPS near Baltimore so I went online. I found several stores, but ended ordering from a smallish shop in Michigan. The appeal was prices that were a few cents cheaper AND a flat $5.95 shipping rate for any order regardless of price, quantity or weight. The lures arrived three days after I ordered. I figured no biggie on the impresssion meter since it was just three lures. How hard was it to pull three off the shelf, throw them in a padded envelope and ship them out?

Well last last week, I submitted another order. This time for a replacement rod and reel for the one that "walked" out of my boat while sitting on its trailer. I also threw in some rattling jig heads with Mustad hooks into the order (fall fishing is coming!). That was Thursday. Yesterday (Monday), when I got home from work, the order was sitting there in my living room. The wife noted that it had come in earlier that morning. All I could think was WOW! Three business days from order to arrival - and with standard UPS, no less! This guy was good! And he made sure to send me e-mails about order status up to the point it left his door on the UPS truck.

So for what its worth, if anyone needs fishing gear, check out www.buyfishingstuff.com. The owner, Kyle LaFountain, runs the site as an adjunct to his shop in Marshall, Michigan. And no, I am not affiliated with him nor do I even know the guy except through his website and orders I've placed. But I figure its always good to support sole proprietors than can outcompete the big guys in a big box retail world.

JC

ps: the lures work great. One of them is responsible for the fish I have pictured in an earlier Lake Anna report - the one where Bill in VA and I went out on a weekday.:D

Haven't ordered anything yet, but it looks like an interesting site. Thanks