My Opinion

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [URL]http://www.insideline.net
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, I'm a week out from the BASS Elite Marshal gig and I've done the first installment for Yamamoto. See article below.

Just got back to town and you'd be suprized who you run into on the road. I'm sitting in a failed bank in Windsor, Colorado and what do I see going down the road? A wrapped Ranger!! In Colorado?:unsure: So, I jump online and sure enough there is a local angler who fishes the Opens who lives in town. Then come to find out he is a customer of the failed bank. Well, when he comes in to close his accounts, one of the tellers brings him into my office and we have a good talk. He askes how long I am going to be there and I tell him I'm not leaving anytime soon and he said he has to run home and will be right back. Later that afternoon he showes up with the neatest little devise I have ever seen. For those of us who like to dink with changing or modifying skirts on spinnerbaits, jigs, chatterbaits, etc., it is a royal PITA....well, it is for me anyway because I have fat fingers!! He drops a little devise on me that a friend of his came up with because he was in an accident and lost partial use of his left arm and hand. Go take a look at it here: www.nakedbaitco.com It is a skirt expander (souds funny coming from me right!!:lol::lol: ) that helps you customize skirt colors/combinations easy and even on the water. Neeley, Buzzy, you listening? Here's my idea, How cool would it be to go into a tackle store and have a station where you could pick out the elements of a spinnerbait, buzzbait or jig (head type, size, color, blade type, color, skirt color/combo) and build your own lure with custom skirts!! Neat idea right?!?! And this little devise is either handheld or it will mount to a table etc.....He gave me 2 of them and promised to get me more if I give him a call. He and his buddy did over 1,000 skirts with one to see if they could wear it out and it is still going strong!!

TOXIC
http://www.insideline.net/il-online/2009/features/09-0414-hammer.html

Scott,

That has been around for quite a few years. Since silicone skirts have been out.

Here is the one I have had for awhile.

med_Naked%20Bait%20Skirt%20Maker.JPG

$26.00 from LureCraft

Not to sure about some others I have seen, but this one works pretty well if you like mixing colors.

Mike

Great write up Scott,

I hope you enjoy yourself. I was going to do it as well but had some other things come up. Ill be looking forward to your thoughts and observations.

Mark

I was afraid to open this. You know what opinions are like....LOL

I've had one for over a year, the problem is it's a elastic band and I like to put my skirts on with a fine wire as it stays attached longer to the jig, spinnerbait.

Buzz

Well I hope I get back in time now. I'm sitting in the airport. At least I got to sleep at home for one night. With my schedule I ought to fish the opens!!

Scott,

It works very well if you maintain some composure when you pack the bundle of strands together. Make sure the strands are all equal when you load it because you can't move them when the band is released, and DO NOT get cheap bands!!!! This thing will pop them in a hurry. And they will not hold tight on a bait either. I also use it for living rubber material and mylar when I re=dress drones or teasers for off-shore. The band goes on and then when I get the material pulled up on the lure socket I can just tighten it down on top of the band.

Latest posts

Back