Pic of my new truck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I've been trying to take a "clean" pic of the new Ram, but it keeps raining. Today, right after she was dry... down it came again. The heck with it - this was taken from my front porch.

DSCF0741.jpg

Gott luv Black trucks:wub:....but they are a bit@h to keep clean!! Mine's been a light shade of yellow for the last 2 months!!:lol:

TOXIC

Nice Ram.

My last truck was a black 99 Ram.....and yes it was a pain to keep looking clean. My current Chevy is silver....has the appearance of being cleaner than it really is.

Bob G.

Great looking ride Glenn.. It really looks good. But Tox and Bob are right, it's really hard to keep clean and to not have swirl marks when you wax or polish it. When I was messing with old cars I had a 1956 Chevy. Every Saturday I would work on the sucker just to ride about twenty minutes away to a Dairy Queen where everyone else with classic cars would hang out.

All I ever heard from those guys was how hard it was to keep a black car looking good and how easy it was for a white car. I had a friend with a 1957 T-Bird and another with a 1967 Super Sport Chevy II. Both of them were a beautiful deep black and looked great pulling in. But when they parked under those (%^$#$^((_%$@ fluorescent lights every swirl and missed spot jumped out at you.:( And every rotten SOB with a classic car would be sure to point it out.:angry: So polish it nice and it will make people cover their eyes in the sun and at night if anyone says anything, well you know the vocabulary to use.:p Their used to be a place in Apopca, FL called the Classic Chevy Club and it was for 55, 56, and 57 Chevy's. They had a product called Race Glaze that was the finest polish I ever used or have seen. VERY easy to put on and wipe off. It would certainly be worth doing a search for.

Beautiful truck Glenn, I'm envious.

Uncle Billy

That's one sweet truck Glenn! I used to have a black F-150, man was it ever a bear to keep clean, but nothing looks as good as a slick black vehicle. Keep up the good work.

Steve

Uncle Billy - What do you mean messing with old cars. You are as old as the cars so don't try and pull a fast one and you were into old classic cars. We are both "classics"! Someone told me you helped Henry Ford design the Model T. Is that true? LOL

No, that's not true and I resent the accusation..:angry: I never did help design that car! I did drive the first one off the line though and if I remember right, you were the first person I picked up hitchhiking.:lol::lol:

Uncle Billy

Thanks everyone. I went from a dark blue 03 Ram (Patriot Blue 2wd, 4.7) to this one (Black 4x4, 5.7), so the color isn't going to be much worse than my old one. It does, however, match up a lot better with the black and white boat I drive. :p:lol:

It gets about 1 to 2 mpg less than my old truck, depending on how much I keep my foot out of it (but man, it sure is fun to put my foot into it :p ).... but the great (and amazing to me) part of it is - the difference in mpg in regular highway driving v/s highway driving while pulling my 20 foot bass boat - 2/10 mpg!!! It's almost as if nothing is behind my truck. I actually get BETTER gas mileage pulling a trailer with the 5.7 Hemi, than I did with the older 4.7!!!

All the best,

Glenn

P.S. I'll just spray her down with some Bass Boat Saver when I'm doing the boat. Ha! :lol:

NICE,....Looks just like mine, 'cept you'rs doesn't have a bow-tie!!:blink::eek::rolleyes:

I'll post a pix as soon as my boat gets here!!!:eek:

Back