Perco Lock

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony waldron

Reaction score
Hello, Thought I may share this and save someone a few bucks. I have the Perco locks on my locker doors the previous owner never used or abused the locks needless to say they were jammed.I did some investigating and low and behold fixed them all. First remove the cylinder from the holder you will see a row of tumblers, mine had five you will see at the end of each tumbler there is a hole this has a spring inside that causes the tumbler slide back and forth take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull gently,you have to pull tumbler out from side with hole.Keep track of each tumbler that came from its slot.1-5 from top to bottom if you get them out of order your key will not work. After you pull all tumblers out you can take a old tooth brush and some cleaner of your choice and clean tumblers and inside of the cylinder taking care not to loose springs inside each hole. I know I lost two before I figured what was going on. After cleaning reassemble in the order you took out make sure the tang on the side of tumbler contacts spring they go back in pretty easy Lube up the cylinder and reinstall.I worked the key in and out with some lube.:D

Glad you got them working again.

If it happens again, I might be able to save you that huge headache.

Remove the lock from the holder and place it in a metal cup or dish. Soak the heck out of it with PB Blaster or Kroil. Let sit overnight. Stick the key in and work it back and forth. Should be completely smooth, and probably working better than original. Wipe them off thoroughly, and if you have a can of spray air (like the kind used for spraying computer keyboards), shoot some inside to clean out some of the excess oil.

All the best,

Glenn

I tried that they were so corroded from salt had to take apart to get them to work I could not even get the key in

Back