Package weight 2005 TV-18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Marriner

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the package weight, including trailer and 115 Optimax for a 2005 Tournament V-18 with the standard Trailstar trailer? I am planning a trip for this weekend and my normal tow vehicle is unavailable and all I have is my Jeep Wrangler. I am a little worried about the Wrangler being capable of towing it (well stopping) but more worried about it pulling it out of the ramp, even in 4wd...

Does anybody else tow with a Wrangler or any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Not sure what year your Wrangler is, but I had an '06 Rubicon, standard wheelbase. Even though it is capable of "pulling", the short wheelbase and the weight distribution was a problem when trying to stop. If there is too much tongue weight, it could be VERY dangerous. If your going to attempt to tow, trailer brakes are highly recommended. You won't have any issues at ANY ramp, especially in 4 low. They are tractors. :blink:

Thanks Bob, you put my mind at ease with the ramp issue. Fortunately I just got word the plans were cancelled and I have my original tow vehicle back. :D The trailer has surge brakes on it (California its required over 1000 lbs... :wacko: ) My jeep is a 94 wrangler with the original short wheel base, 2000 tow capacity. I can lift the tongue of the trailer with some effort and knew if I take it easy it shouldn't be a problem getting to the lake, my worry was that I can just see my Jeep ending up in the lake if it couldn't pull it up the ramp if the jeep wasn't being heavy enough... (I'm a pessimist :lol: )

I have an 07 Dodge Nitro and it does great. I even pull my partners 901 with the 225 on it when we use his and does fine. I do not have brakes on my TV but it will stop in very quickly. His 01 has trailer brakes and it almost stops me!!!!

I think the total weight is around 2400lbs wihtout gear.

Randy!

Randy,

That might be about right, for some reason that's what I was thinking. I noticed Tracker has package weight on their website under the "Specification" tab but apparently they stopped making the Tournament V-18 because it's not on their website anymore. :(

Yes they did stop this year.

Iknow the boat is quoted at 1180lbs, the motor is something in the area of 300lbs and then I guestimated on the trailer. Tongue weight on mine is minimal as I often lift the front of the boat to put it correct on the ball. I say it is less than 150lbs.

Hope this helped and have fun!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back