Opinions on Bass Pro Resort Vacations

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
Bought a vacation package while at Bass Pro yesterday. It was a trip for 4 days, 3 nights at their Shenendoah Mountains Resort. The price was great! Ended up being $99 after everything was said and done. I realize I have to listen to the "timeshare" come-on and all that once I get there, but can handle it for a chance to fish their private lake. Has anyone ever taken one of these deals and how was it?

On a separate note, I got a new BP EX20 Extreme spinning reel. It feels great and i can't wait to try it out. Any opinions?

Thanks,

Scott

I have been to two of these (not Bass Pro) and had two different expereiences.

One was very good once we told them we are looking at several places, the other treated us like we had taken food from a starving person.

Both places were great as far as ammenities. I can't see Bass Pro being the later.

Where is the Shenendoah Resourt (state?). I have looked so far at Branson and the other in Orlando.

Randy!

The Shenendoah one is near Charlottsville, VA. They have several Yurts setup and man the Mongols never had it so good! These are paneled in knotty pine with flat screen TVs, full kitchens and baths, 2 bedrooms all in 700 sq. ft. You can check them out from the BP website I think. The lake is small, but has some big bass according to the sales guy. Apparently the VA state record came out of there at one time. I'm probably looking at late September of early October to go down and stay.

Scott

We did the Branson Bass Pro one a few years back, and had a great time. The timeshare pitch was VERY low key, low pressure.

Randy,

Here is a link;

http://www.bluegreenonline.com/explore/resortDetail.aspx?ResortID=4

Sure looks nice. Hard to believe Bass Pro would steer you wrong!

Let us know how you liked it!

Randy!

Well, I have a different tale about going to Branson. I signed up for a 3 day stay (or therabouts) and this is what I got.

I got to stay at a HOTEL in Branson, and went out to the 'Lodge' to see it (limited viewing of the actual lodge/amenities) and get my sales pitch. Pitch took several hours and wasn't too bad on the pressure side.

In short, make durn sure you are actually staying at the lodge and not just staying at a hotel they use. The process turned me off quite a bit.

Tex

The package has us staying in a luxury yurt. Pictures look fantastic. I've read really good reviews about the resort and experience and then some really bad ones. Who knows? For $99 I'll give it a whirl.

Scott