Bass Pro Extreme

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
I have a Bass Pro Extreme spinning reel I got for a gift and am having issues with a weak bail spring. Was wondering if anyone else is having these issues. I've heard nothing but good about them before this. Maybe just an odd lemon.:unsure:

Scott

I Have one that is about 3 weeks old, ive had it out maybe 4 times. No issues w/bail spring. However, it does make some gear noise already.........

I would agree. If possible I would take it back to the store and exchange it.

For future reference, do you close the bail by hand or by turning the crank...By hand is the preferred method. Saves a lot of wear and tear and eliminates some of the line twist. Ken, you are retired, service your reel:lol::lol::lol: Pull it apart, clean and lube it!! You would be suprised how many come out of the box with too much or no grease/oil. Glenn helped me with a couple of bail springs and cleaned a JLM that was binding. Good thing he moved to TX or I would be at his house on a regular basis!!:p

TOXIC

Toxic,

I normally close it by crankin' the handle, but with this one about 4 outta' 5 times I have to close it by hand.

Mini, Bass Pro has a 30 day without receipt policy (whatever that means). I don't know how they can tell if you've had it over 30 days if you don't have a receipt.:blink: I'll probably just have our local reel repair guy look at it. It would be cheaper than driving the 70 miles to the local BP or sending in for repair. Thanks guys!

Scott

Heading home from bass pro shop in d.

Springs La. as we speak. Just returned a J. Morris spinning that broke after 5 months use. U get one year in store return on their reels . Not bad warranty but this is the second B.P. Reel I have returned. Others get 30 day in store then it goes back to manufacture. Also bought a Kevin V. D. Spinning to try since it was on sale for $ 60. Reviews were not good but I took a chance.

No matter who's name they slap on a product, you always have to take the next step and find out who actually made it....I call it the Scooby-doo, Batman and Barbie marketing theory!!:lol:....not that I have any of those:lol::p:lol:

TOXIC

Of course you dont They would clash with your plaid skirt!

Latest posts

Back