One for the consumer..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
In purshasing my 04 750NX from Outhouse Marine in Jacksonville. I requested a Dual Pro XL installed. Well first off I have not takin delivery of boat yet. But the salesman has been great. We walked the boat and made a list of a few minor items I wanted corrrected before I take delivery.. No problem.. When I was quoted a price on a 20 amp 2 bank charger for 299.00 I was shocked.. So I asked are you owned by Tracker Marine.. They said yes. So asked the salesman to get a BPS catalog and I would show him what unit I wanted..They stated you order and bring it in and we will install it.. Nah. I said.. You guys are owned my Outdoor World so, since I am spending 17K here ,, I think you guys should order it and I should pay no more than it states in the catalog.. They aggreed after the Manager stepped in and he said " dont worry I'll take care of,, order the unit for Mr. Bell..

Now thats better service than I ever got at BPS in Dania.. The guys back in 99 when I bought my first Nitro all they wanted was your money..

Good Job Outhouse Marine guys...

I can give you another great experiance from a FANTASTIC dealer out here on the left coast,CAli that is.

I purchased a showroom model via a e-mail picture, when I arrived (Drove 400 miles) there was a cheap ole Humminbird on the bow, no spare tire and the windsheilds had a scratch or twelve HAR.

I asked for a X85 on the bow, got it, Spare Tire for Trailer I mean heck I was driving 400 miles back, and new Windsheilds. Well they put on a x85 amd the spare tire right then, ordered me new windsheilds which shipped a few weeks later. I sure wish I live closer to the Dealer!! Who by the way is the largest Nitro, Ranger Dealer on the West Coast!! Angler's Marine Worth checking out!!!

Hipster

Springfield, Illinois has another great independent Nitro/Tracker dealer. The Boat Dock Port of Spfld. I have purchased 3 Nitros from them and they worked hard at getting me on the water and happy with each boat.Mike and Terry are great guys and have even been a major sponsor of my bass clubs 2 open buddy bass tournaments each year for the last 3 years. Thanks Boat Dock.

It is very refreshing to see a thread where the dealers anre doing things right and there are happy customers out there.

TOXIC

Dang! It's good to hear these stories!

Don't stop now, People!

Let's hear more!

Just needed 100 hr. service on my 135 Opti and was looking to get it done closer than the dealership that sold me the boat (hour and a half drive!), had a friend that has conections with the local Nitro dealership (Gone Fishin' Marine in Dixon) and he told me to talk to them and use his name. Did that and it got me the "Dealer" special price, ha. (100 hr. service w/water pump & trailer bearing re-pack all for $850!) Now that's just plain highway robbery.

Good news though, I decided to call the salesman that sold me the boat, who has now moved over to a Ranger dealership (C&C Marine in Citrus Heights), and he got it all done and added in 3 1/2 gallons of bulk Merc. Premium for just under $450...and got it done the Saturday after I called him...now that's service with a fair price! And he's about a half hour closer to me than the dealership that sold me my boat. Guess I'll be looking at Rangers whenever I get my boat service done, and who knows, he may even talk me into one some day.

And guess who'll I'll recommend anytime someone asks about where to get service....

Tom

I think a big part of the problmb with dealers that don't give a hoot is that there is just not enough dealerships around.It is a sellers market,not a buyers.

When you buy a new car,and want a few extras,you tell them you can drive five miles down the road and pass ten other dealers that want to sell you a car.There are so many car dealerships fighting for your business,it is a buyers market.

Its hard to tell a boat dealer you will drive 150 miles to see what the other dealer will give you.Now the dealer has the advantage.

At least that's my way of looking at it.

Steve

Tom... they added PREMIUM to an Opti motor? Prem+ should be the least used, and preferrably Optimax oil (fyi).

I personally make it a habit of not buying from any place named outhouse marine. The only thing I find in outhouses isn't what I want for a boat :).

Mike,

Yeah, premium plus, just forgot to type the +...didn't know they made a premium without the plus...live and learn!

BTW, Gone Fishin' is building a brand new shop onto their almost brand new dealership, and guess who's paying for it? NOT ME!!!!!!!

Tom

Latest posts

Back