OK Finaly screwed my T Motor pedal down...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
After going out with Dan N. on his 640 on Fri and back in a Hail storm, the prior (Original owner) owner had screwed the T motor pedal and I noticed (obviously) it did NOT move at all as we were running back to the ramp. So I decided to bite the bullet on Sat and did it to mine, and ran it on Sun. My biggested concern was that I was used to on my Tracker moving it from one side to the other depending on which side I was fishing. But with the seat location and layout of the Nitro I kept it far forward the last few months, and didn't like that it occationaly moved (even with Rich's great idea of routing the cables under the MG mount which fit great as the cable was about the same width as the issolator bolt rubber.

So ran it on Sun and had no problem using it, it was kind of nice since when I did switch side of the boat to cast to, I knew where the peddal was.

Anyone else go through this and find out they ended up taking back to not being secured??

Tex,

My Tracker did not have it screwed down and thought that was the way to go. When I got my Ranger it was already screwed down and now think how the heck did I deal with it not screwed down before. :wacko:

Much better secure in place IMHO, always know exactly where it is.

Trep, I've had it both ways and can tell you your pedal will take a lot less abuse being screwed down vs. flopping around. You should be able to rest up against the butt seat and be able to reach the pedal and fish off either side of the boat if you mounted it in the correct spot. Once you get used to it being in one spot you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Keep it screwed down and fish on.

Al - I did notice even with the shortened/tight cable that Rich had implemented in rough water it did bounce. I never understood what you glass guys meant by breaking T motor mounts in rough water, with my Tracker only running 28 at WOT loaded with 2 folks and the lower front deck it never even occured to me. But running 50's in chop and white caps I see the issue now!

I ended up centering it and making it relatively far forward, but as Al suggested I can lean against my tushie seat with no problems.

The problem I had when mine was NOT screwed down was that even if I moved it where I wanted it, it was never there when I tried to step on it again. With the stiff cable, the pedal kind of had a mind of it's own.

Even if you are standing sideways pitching/flipping, reaching back with your foot and hitting the pedal in the same place every time is much better in my book.

The only time you may NOT like it is when you have the seat down low on a short post, relaxing, doing some Crappie or Gill fishing. With your long legs,it may be a little cramped.

Steve - With the position of the seat post on the 700 its actualy better that I screwed it up front. If it was any closer to the seat with my long legs I could not bend enough to use it. Now with the hydralic pro seat/pole its no problem standing up/leaning either, but good point.

Now I just need to screw my butt to the seat for when I hit waves at 50+ mph!!! LOL Bungee cords for seat belts!! LOL

Trep we want pics.........................

I ALWAYS have it screwed down......cant stand moving it all the time.

Mini

Steve you have a PT 17 right? Do you like yours in one spot? I have been thinking about screwing mine to the deck but I was worried that I would like to keep moving it. Do you have enough room to stand and fish?

Donnie

You can always move it later if you don't like your first choice. Mines pretty much in the center so I can switch feet depending on which side I am casting to.

BF

I usually move it to the side I am fishing off of. But I hate when it flips over and I have to re-situate(sp?) it. I think I am gonna screw it.:lol:

Donnie

I like mine screwed, switch feet, when changing sides of the boat :D

I've had mine screwed down on the last 7 or 8 boats and wouldn't want it any other way. It's secure to use and the switches in the pedal take a lot less abuse.

Donnie,

I actually cut a hole in my deck to recess mine into. Was planning on making an extended deck anyhow,so I figured "what's the worst that could happen".

Liked it so much,it's been like that ever since.

Steve

I've always been a "shifter", but now I have the urge......

DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO SCREW AS MUCH AS I DO

:cool: :lol:

Latest posts

Back