Oil reservoir question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill P

Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing my oil reservoir, in my boat. The question is, do I need to, or is it ok? What it does, is when the engine is running (XR6 150), I hear a pulsing sound coming from the container, it's almost like a hissing. There are two hoses attatched to it, one coming from the motor, and one feeding the oil to the onboard reservoir, on top of the engine. I know, that the motor pressurizes the container, to maintain the flow, but should I hear that pulsing sound? Or is there a leak? I made sure the cap was as tight as I could get it. It's been doing this for as long as I can remember, and I don't think the oil flow, has ever been interupted, but I also notice an oily film all around the container, and surrounding area. Any suggestions?

Agree with Bob...would definitely replace it. If there's a film on the outside of the container then you're losing oil from within and pressure to the engine. NOT something you want to have happen! There are a few things I'll mess with, oil is not one of them. Should be a pretty easy swap. Let us know what you do...

Latest posts

Back