1995 Mercury 150 EFI Serial OG374208

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iburypaul

Reaction score
At my whits end with this thing. You'll quickly determine I'm no outboard mechanic, I simply own one with many problems, recently retired and can't afford to take it to get fixed. I have to read and UTube for hours just to identify parts.

Problem #1 - A three-way nipple (I said three-way nipple) is missing a hose, see attached photos, and I can't find what possibly went there. One runs to the oil reservoir on the boat, the second to the oil reservoir on the motor, the third... no idea where it's supposed to go and there's no hoses hanging around.

Problem #2 - Gas seems to be pouring from somewhere when pumping the ball and turning over engine. I've found two fuel lines that are ruptured and replaced them. One runs to the filter/separator from the low pressure pump output, the second from the filter/separator to the VST. Can't find where the fuel is coming from, and it's significant.

Seems to be only when ball is pumped then engine is turned over. Doesn't seem to do it when just turning engine over or pumping ball. Original problem was boat ran fine when idling but once on the lake and a load it bogged down badly. Now it won't start at all since this flooding of fuel began. I checked all plugs and have good spark. Low pressure fuel pump is working, not sure about the VST pump. Although the engine says EFI on cover there are four intakes that look like a carburetor to me. See photo below.

There's also a vacuum line that I found broken. No way to explain where it is, just it's a tiny nipple down where I can't reach that runs to the top below the stater area. I'm replacing it once I get some line.

Attachments

• IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2174.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2176.jpeg
    IMG_2176.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back