Oil Float Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Spradley

Reaction score
I have a funny question. I just got finished replacing my rev limiter module and warning module. Yes they were both bad. I also pulled oil tank and installed new float switch sensor. Well anything works fine except I can't get the oil warning to shut up. I filled with oil and it keeps SCREAMING at me. I stuck a rod in from the top of the oil fill and when I pull the float up it stops screaming. However when I release it, it starts screaming again. Two questions. 1st, (no pun intended) can the oil float get oil logged where it is too heavy to rise, and 2nd, It doesn't appear like it can get to the oil float. When I pulled the tank it appears to be sealed except for the screw that holds the sensor. Do I have to replace the entire oil tank?

Thanks Robert

Funny how we have terrible grammer when typing. Meant to say it doesn't appear like I can get to the oil float. Also the engine is a Mercury 125 (95) serial #0G197998.

The float can go bad Robert. I checked with one of my techs, and he thinks you'll have to replace the whole tank. Once you open them up (and they are very hard to open) they never go back together right. the part # for the tank is 1278-828362A 3

I don't have any in stock. Let me know if you want to order one. $53.40 + tax and shipping.

Craig

Latest posts

Back