Ohio's Charley Hartley done good...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Was sure pullin' for him...he's a class act all the way:wub:

Good luck next year and maybe DC will be gone for good:cool:

OOps...I guess that's Charlie Hartley:wacko:

He is a good guy. I was pullin for him too. He NEEDED the win, but he got some good exposure. Hopefully he can turn that into some paying sponsors!

I know one thing..."IF THEY PLAYED THAT STUPID G MAN COMMERCIAL OME MORE TIME"!:angry:

I havent seen the final show yet. but i did see the commercial a million times on saturdays show.

Puralator is a big sponsor, but enough is enough!

Yeah I was pulling for him. He seems like a neat person, kinda wackey like those Buckeyes.:D:DCould you imagine his reaction if he won? That would have been great! I think I am gonna pull for this guy this year. He seems like a true underdog.

Donnie

Charley has been fishing for a long time. Most of it out of his own pocket. He has paid his dues and it is time for him to get some support. He may not be as glamorous as some of the guys...lol....but he is genuine, a gentleman and a true credit to the sport.

He needs fans! :) I am one.

I kind of liked the guy too. What's with the wrap on his boat. Is that snake skin? Kind of cool.

Seeing all those bassboats kind of made me feel like I should have bought a Z9 instead of a Tundra.:unsure:

fatrap

I think that he is sponsored by Venom.

I love their tubes...they kill those brownfish.

I have bags from 10 years back:cool:

Yes, one of his few sponsors is Venom. They are the title sponsor and have wrapped his boat.

Enjoyed every minute of air time Charlie was given this weekend. Loved the comment he made about getting back to what he loves about the sport...Not the hype but the tick on the end of his line. If nice guys finish last, then great guys finish 14th. I;ll be pulling for him this year

SISKO

Charlie is a great fella. I've fished with and against him numerous times. What you see is truly what you get. Glad to see him get a chunk of air time. He's worked long and hard for it.

It is about time Charley had some press. I guess if your not yellin' and making an a$$ of yourself it can be hard to do sometimes. He is the type of guy you can sit down and have a really genuine conversation with....Go Charlie!

The Dragon

I noticed that Ike was toned down a lil' BUT, WTF was that $h!+ of him yellin' in the fish's mouth the he's "bad" and wound up with a mouth full of fish slime that he spit out on camera. I tell ya' the more I see this guy...the more I realize that he IS a NUTBAR!

Zona had him pinned:lol:

I watched all three days, have them tivo'd and believe it or not, my wife watched it with me. I was floored!! She wouldn't let me watch the final day until she could watch it with me. All of a sudden she has gotten a clue as to why we do what we do (even though I have been guiding for 7 years!!:lol: ) I gotta admit one of the reasons she has a new interest is due to Zona. He makes the show "personal". She said that he is the type of guy you want at all of your parties!!:lol: That and the fact that they gave Charley a little air time. Seems this year they did a lot more of the "touchy-feely" stuff. Charley and his mothers passing, Horton and the locks of love thing, Bobby Knight and his coaching of 3 anglers(funny that Horton didn't make the cut and Swindle/Duckett finished down low in the pack), and the past Classic stories as well as the vote for the most memorable classic victory thing. Ike got very little coverage because he wasn't in the top ten long enough. He is what he is but I predict you won't see the excessive level that he has shown in the past. He did his "City Limits" show here in DC and was getting a good ol' Potomac beatdown (fishing community holes with a guy I have never heard of)when he went into what he called "Mad Mike" mode. They had to bleep out a LOT of his commentary. I will have to say it went down as a very good Classic in my book.

TOXIC

Agree the coverage and stories were great...loved the one about the voting of the most compelling Classic .. my hero Bryan Kerchal. Still have a memorial and his famous signed Fish Whistle.

Could have done without the commercials:wacko:

Latest posts

Back