Offical Truck of BASS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael S

Reaction score
Is anybody else surprised that the offical truck of BASS will now be Toyota....

What do you guys think???

BASS can pick whatever they want.....it's all about money. Toyota trucks are even in the truck series of racing.

If BASS bought my trucks....I'd drive a Toyota....since I have to pay for them, this is what I drive.....

Bob G.
CrewCabA.jpg

I think Toyota needs a little help selling their full size trucks next too Chevy and Ford and they were willing to deal with BASS. Hey it all marketing and whose willing to deal. I don't think it is any reflection of what BASS thinks about certain trucks, its all about marketing and money. Toyota just stepped up to the plate and gave the best deal to BASS.

The Toyota 4dr Crew Cab is a little underpowered with the 4.6(?)L... They need abigger engine and then it would be a super truck... Otherwise very nice...

JimBob - One question, is BASS "Bass AMERICA Sportsman Society?? Nope, its Bass Anglers and while the US is still the un-disputed leader in bass fishing and the sport it is a world wide event. Heck, The Toyota IS built in the US, and don't get me Started on Dodge $$ going to Germany, the Auto market is truly global. Heck most of the Fords are put together in Mexico or Canada.

Its all about the vendor PAYING the company for marketing. Like Coke vs. Pepsi on Delta Airlines! Coke and Delta are BOTH based in Atlanta but for a short time Pepsi proposed a better cost deal to Delta and they pushed Coke out the door.

If the guys at BASS want to make $ and Toyota offered more then thats what's great about a capitalist society!

I'm with Bob(and a few others here)......THEY can drive want THEY want:)
truck 2.jpg

Ill put one in for the Dosge boys. This truck has been by far the best one i have ever owned and made this lifetime Chevy guy into a Dodge guy.
Truck%20004.jpg

I already solved that little issue TEE, not a problem anymore.

Official Truck in my neck of the woods:

5.4 Liter 3 valve per cylinder, 300 HP, 365 torque, with a 3.73 LS
4.bmp

Yea, I'm sure Toyota makes a great 3/4 ton and one ton trucks that will haul my camper and my heavy Ranger across the country. I'm sure it's a diesel dually.

I'm not against Toyotas, but BASS should stick to things that are practical and useful to its audience.

I'll stick to my GMC 2500HD.

You fellas tow with whatever you want. I want a MAN'S truck!

Anyone interested in the new H3 pickup? Check it out in my library. The H2 never really did anything for me, but that H3 seems pretty cool. But I still love the original Hummers!
hummer.jpg

But this would be my 2nd choice if I couldn't have a Hummer! Now picture this full 4 door, long box, towing a Ranger 521 w/ jackplate and a big old 250 Verado hanging off the back.

Awesome huh? But now picture trying to find a parking space, or backing it up in tight driveways or parking lots....or the garage you would need to hold it! Hey....wait....THAT would be cool. I'd need a bay that was 65' deep!

Sorry about the pic sizes. I still don't have a photo editor on my work PC and can't download here.
F250.jpg

Hummer

F250

Dodge Ram 2500

All goood trucks.

I can do without the GM's once I finally get done with my Bravada which is STILL in the shop getting it's new guts (motor). I should have just invested the money towards going to the auction and getting a Ford! Haaa

Gotta go there too... Tox, Corey's Titan is a very sweet ride... Lots of neat little "bells and whistles"...

Thanks Greg and Tox....it is as "American" as anything else these days, if not more in some cases!

Titan2.JPG

And Meyer better admit he's considering the bow-tie after seeing mine!!LOL !! I would have gone Ford if there was any sponsorship $$ there but there wasn't. I talked to a hometown dealer (Rick Hunt) who owns Ford/Dodge/Toyota/Chevy dealerships. Even he couldn't match the deal by a chevy dealer 45 miles away.

TOXIC

Tox, if I were looking at a 2500 it would have been like yours...that thing was impressive, ton's of room.

Tox...

Yeah I was/am looking at Chevy/GMC... After just that little loop with it in the parking lot I was impressed... When the 2005 arrive I will be deciding... Currently the Titan is in !st place and the Chevy/GMC then the Ford... Unless Ford radically improves the comfort in the back seat of the crew cab (back to the same level as 2001-2003) it won't be a Ford... I'm not spending that kind of money to listen to my wife and kids complain that "the old truck was lots more comfortable"...

Yeah, and that Chevy of mine jumped that huge pile of tornado debris like it was a stick in the road...no damage. Now the boat and trailer....well, they aren't meant to fly anyway...ouch!! My partner said there is no way he would put the $$ out for a 3/4 ton when a 1/2 will do the job. That was till he saw mine!! His 3/4 is on order!!

TOXIC

Now if I just has the onboard GPS!!!LOLOL

Bruce,

No need to be sorry about owning a Toyota. That's what makes this a great country....freedom of choice!! I'm not sure if you have kids or not, but if you do, they need to be munchkins to ride in that back seat!! My family and I are full sized people so I drive a full sized truck! And it comes standard with a full sized motor!! :)

Bob G.

Can't really complain if Toyota has the money and the willingness to get into the BASS sponsorship game. After all, the Chevy group just got done leaving all the Chevy Sponsored pro's in the lurch. Also, with no real explanation.

For me, I buy American whenever I can. And I mean, I buy from companies where the money/profits go to help American companies. I long ago gave up trying to buy 100% built and made in America. Just can't do it anymore.

For my family, it will always be the Big Three (truck wise).

Tex

Actually I'm sorry for the rest of you not driving a Toyota! LOL!

Honestly, this is one of the better trucks I have owned. It does have it's flaws, one being it's not really a "1/2" ton pickup

They are nice trucks....

Heck they were giving away $15 gift certs to anyone that test drove one at the show....

Persoanlly I will stick with my GMC until someone decides to give me one...yea right!

Mini

Back