O.K. You guys have got me scared

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judgerr

Reaction score
I have had a Procraft fish and ski 18.5 ft! 150 EFI Merc. It has been a great boat. I have had it for 11 years. I was originally looking at the Z-7. But decided on the Z-6 instead. I don't fish tournaments. Don'tneed to go over 45 [usually get on plane then throttle down to 35 or 40 anyhow]. So I decided I didn't need a 150, and 46 gallon tank etc.

Anyhow I ordered a Z-6 on 09/28/2011 then I found thiss site. Now I am thinking I should have went with the Z-7 like I was originally going to do.

So I guess my question after reading all I can on here is! Does anyone who bought a 2011 Z-6 regret it?? Or are you happy with it as it is?

Thanks for any replies!

judgerr:unsure:

Don't be scared, my Z6 rips! There was a couple of annoying issues with the 2011 Z6 if you didn't option some things.

1) Steering torque, can be resolved by simply having a NFB Helm only fitted, minimal cost about $140 for the helm, the ultimate is opt up to Hydraulic. Having said this, I can trim mine way out and at WOT, a tiny bit of torque with standard steering, EVERY boat that I have owned with cable steering has turned right and I really don't find mine a problem now.

2) Slow Planing, it's a Bass Boat, meant for top end but I agree, mine was slow until;

Remove 1 large plug from the prop

Fit an SE300 Sport

Now this boat tears out of the hole!

3) Leaking water, I have had no issues at all, I think the Rub Rail seal on some of the earlt serial numbers could have been sealed better, if yours leaks, have your dealer reseal it under warranty.

Buy one, they are a great package and I love mine.

My z-6 Is great!! The only issue I have had is it was a little slow to plan out. I came on this sight and read that I needed to move one of the pvs plugs from the prop and waala, problem cured. I love my Nitro z-6, Its a great boat!!:D

Thanks guys. That makes me feel better. I was beggining to think I messed up. Leaks, can't get on plane, trailer tires going bad etc.

Maybe those problems are solved now. I won't know till next spring!

Gonna be a long winter!:(

If they supply the same tyres as with mine, I would suggest you definitely change those, have a look at my pics. Tracker also have the pics and have confirmed that they will investigate but I have had no feedback from them since. Definitely, Definitely, Definitely put an SE300 on it, you will be amazed in the difference.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your new rig!

I put a pair of goodyear marathons on my Z6 after about 300 miles, because of the extreme wear on the inner half of both tires. I also changed the factory steel rims with a good set of alloys(looks way better). The tires are the only major issue that I have had with my Z6. I do not have a hydrofoil on mine and it jumps on plane.

That was after its maiden voyage judgerr, I picked it up, fuelled it up, filled it gear then towed it mainly on freeway for around 350 miles, that was the result!

Since then I fitted new Yokohamas, have done now maybe 2000 miles, next to no wear at all.

Wow! Goodyear Marathons have been giving RVers a headache. The ones made in China have been falling apart, and blowing out.

Were the original tires made in China?? If mine has "China Bombs" I will replace them immediately!

"China Bombs" is what the RVers are referring to them as!

Anyone just replace the tires? Or is it the Rims as well?

thanks guys!:)

You can still find U.S. made marathons. I did forget to mention that I had to special order from Sears, because all they had in stock were Chinese. Also if you want a new set of rims, I would suggest ordering them from eastern marine. They have the same ones they use from the factory but at way less the price.

Wow! I sure am glad I found this site. Had I found it sooner I probably would have ordered the Z-7. But from what I am reading now, I think I will be quite happy with the Z-6, I would have junked the "CHINA BOMBS" anyhow.

Won't put them on my Car, Truck, or Camper.

Thanks again to allwho replied.:D

judgerr: Don't be scared! My posts on this site were all about problems I had with my 2011 Z6 and they have all been resolved ... thanks to Thommo59 and others on this board.

I really like my Z6 now and though I don't tournament fish I fish HARD and this is the perfect boat for me. It's a solid well-built bass boat ... you'll love it too.

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back