NX882 Motor Mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Brown

Reaction score
A week or so back, I posted a message regarding the performance of my NX882 with the XR6.

Recieved a lot of comments noting (based on posted pictures) that the motor was mounted too low and asked if someone (similarly equipped) post a picture for a direct comparison.

Spoke with Boat City USA (different location from where it was purchased - Katrina affect) and was told "It's where it needs to be."

Help!

If no one is out there that post a pick, what should I do? Take it to Bass Pro? We just had a new opening in Pearl, MS. Tried to talk to the Service Manager and met with what I'd classify as disinterest.

Greg

PS - Know I need seat time; but what drives this is board comments based on pictures.

Sorry I can't help with the pic and my boats a Champion, my engine is mounted in the center hole? But it's mounted to a 10" jack plate? I think what I have read before is that with the boat level and the engine trimed level a good starting point is 3" (center of the prop below the pad) Now my boat jumps up on plane fully loaded. Trim all the way down, from just of idle to WOT in .ooo secs I don't ease into it at all, 23 pitch Tempest plus prop with medium size plugs (sorry I don't know about the plugs size in the prop) Once it's on top I start trimming up as needed. I hope this helps some.

BF

If the dealer won't help you, go to an independant shop. I didn't want my new boat set up to Factory standards, so when it comes into the dealership, they send it away to their main dealership to have it set up, beacause their mechanics only set up to Factory Specs, and can't run it to make sure its set properly.

Greg, I have an 02 882 with a 150hp Optimax and I had similar concerns when I bought mine. Some of the guys on this site instructed me that the center of the prop-shaft should be 3.5 inches below the Pad of the boat.My motor was installed way too low by the dealer. I had him raise it to that level and the boat has performed beautifully ever since. It made an unbelievable diffference in Chine-walking and overall handeling. Put your engine down until the prop-shaft is parallel to the ground and measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the boat at the back where the pad is. I bet that yours could be too low.

GREAT RESPONSES ALL!

I now have some defined metrics to work with and/or gauge by.

I appreciate the subtle knowledge that "no two snowflakes are the same" and realaize there is a lot of newbie in my problem/concern.

Be glad when I can add value to board.

According to my wife, I can probably best help those with the desire but no knowledge.

PSSST she's sitting here.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back