Nitro700LX Trailer Tire Size

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lowe

Reaction score
I bought a 1997 Nitro 700LX which has a Nitro trailer with the original 13" Tracker Marine tires on it. The tires still look good, but I am going to change for safety sake. Can I up to a 14" tire which is a little wider without having any clearance issues?

I took my z-6 that came with 13" and switched them out for some 14" 205/75-14's (I think was the size.) They are a good bit taller than what came on it and they work well.

tire brand recommendations. Looks like the biggies are Cerlisle and Goodyear marathon but both have bad reviews.

some people recommend Maxxus (SP?) as better than the other two.

Man 14 year old tires on a trailer is mindblowing. most people recommend changing them every 4 years due to dry rot issued.

Also keep them aired up to the max sidewall pressure no matter what the load. Heat from underinflation is the other killer.

good luck.

I just bought the boat in August. It had 2 owners, used very little, always garage kept. I guess that is what kept tires ok, but I am changing, as soon as I can. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back