Nitro 700lx Won't Come Up On Plane.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCGreen

Reaction score
I have a Nitro 700LX w/ 120 Tracker outboard. When I bring it out of the hole it wants to turn on it's own sharply. If I bring it up to plane slowly I will eventually get there after fighting it a while but it's a pain. Any ideas what may be causing this. Just put new cables on it and yes, it has been doing this for a while. Could it be the prop is not spinning at the right RPMs? Prop bearing? Any thoughts or ideas I would appreciate. Not sure where I should start first.
Thanks

Did it happen gradually or suddenly? Not to sound obvious but did you make any changes right before it started happening like motor height or add weight? Do you have even weight distribution? Did you change the prop?

No changes in the boat. Heaviest equipment is in the bow. Even does it with 1 person in the boat. My son told me he forgot to raise the motor once when he tried to trailer the boat.... not sure if that would damage something in the steering or not. Didn't hurt the motor. Motor runs great with lots of power and will scream once it is on the plane. I did get suddenly worse around the time he did that. No prop changes..

No changes in the boat. Heaviest equipment is in the bow. Even does it with 1 person in the boat. My son told me he forgot to raise the motor once when he tried to trailer the boat.... not sure if that would damage something in the steering or not. Didn't hurt the motor. Motor runs great with lots of power and will scream once it is on the plane. I did get suddenly worse around the time he did that. No prop changes..

Did you check the direction of the skeg (not sure this is what it is called on a boat, but that’s what it is called on a surfboard)? On my 2016 Nitro Z16 this skeg(?) is directionally hanged with a screwdriver. Maybe your son altered the direction when he did not lift the motor when coming out.

Latest posts

Back