night fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesley Bowker

Reaction score
I do alot of night time bassin, and i just got my Z-9 about mid way through this seaon. I fished from a stratos previously that had a small courtesy light on the console and no center seat. I like the way my nitro is laid out much better but at night when i hook up with a fish and my partner grabs the net they usually come falling ass over tea kettle into the floor of the boat where they have tripped over the back rest of the center seat or their foot slips off the narrow step ups between the seat. My nitro doesnt have any light around the console area and i have been debating on putting some black LED's in the black carpet trim piece along the front and back areas of the center floor and wiring them to the courtesy light switch. I am wondering if this will work or if i just need to find more agile partners. Or if anyone else has a better idea.

I put 4 small blue led lights in mine, two in front and two in back. These aren't as bright as I thought they were but they do help immensely. I noticed when it's time to move my eyes don't need to readjust as they would with a big white light glowing. It so happened I had an accessory switch that wasn't being used. My wife wasn't as impressed as I was but hey :cool:

My Z7 didn't have any compartment lights at all so I installed an LED kit from The Tackle Smith and I put one of the white led strips up underneath the console. Not only does is provide light on the floor with no glare, it is also very good lighting if yo uneed to work under the console behind the dash on guages, wiring or whatnot. As far as the middle seat, here is an alternative for you.

http://www.bbcboards.net/nitro-boats/271810-nitro-step-up-box.html

A cheap no wiring fix to your problem is go to your local parts store or walmart they have little round stick on led lights and put them anywhere you want I put one under the console on my boat helps alot.

last time I went night fishing it was on Table Rock. Seen a black blob on back deck that looked like a stick. It was a snake. Haven't night fished since then bout 1994

fatrap

Ha. I understand your deposition there Mr Fatrap, but after that story i may need to add a lot more lights than a few floor bulbs. Thanks for the story

I had BPS install a courtesy light in the console. Did not cost me a dime. As I kept asking where the courtesy light was, that the boat is supose to have? Tehy could not find it so they istalled one, the courtesy light on the Z9 is located in the battery compartment!!

I installed a full led kit from bluewater led. I put a dimmer on them so they are not overpowering and dimmed down are just enough to light up the deck nice at night so i can really see my way around. I used to fish at night a good bit(not so much this year) and the lights do make it a mucn nicer and safer deal. The compartment lights are just fantastic too. mine are lit up like daylight.

Latest posts

Back