NH People

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay K

Reaction score
I was noticing that a lot of the peple here fish NH waters. I'm just curious how many people from NH area around, and where you fish. I'm prettty new to the board, and I just got a used 2001 NX750DC this year.

I live in the Hillsboro area, and I mostly fish at Lake Massesecum, Franklin Pierce Lake, Lake Nubanusuit, Silver Lake (Madison) and Island Pond in wanshington. I would like to fish some of the biggger lakes like Winnipesaukee, Winnisquam or Newfound,and Sunapee, but I'm a little intimidated by the big water and fishing really deep.

Any tips for fishing those areas would be appreciated.

Tight lines all! Thanks!

Welcome Jay. I live in Pelham and fish just about everywhere in the state. The only way to learn to catch fish in the bigger clear lakes like Newfound, Winni, sunappee ect is to get out there and get your lines wet.The only lake that can be intimidating is Winnipesaukee. Without a chart and some knowlage of the lake be carefull. Checkout Webster lake in Franklin. It offers great large and smallmouth fishing, Bow Lkae in Strafford is 1200 acres, so not to big. Lake is very clear and has great fishing. It will challange you to find them deep without putting you on a large body of water. Winniaquam is another safe lake to run your boat. It can be very tough, but if you get into the fish, you will be rewarded with some big smallies.,Newfound is probably the most difficult, hone your deepwater skilld before taking on this lake.

Good luck

GregD

Hello Jay - I live in MA right on the border of NH. I fish mostly Bow, Jenesse, Winnisquam, Pawtuckaway, Swain and Northwoods when I am fishing NH. I have a 750DC and find these are easily fishable in my boat. Other than Winnisquam and Newfound Lake, these bodies of water will give you some good action. I am going to try to get Jim B and others to fish Squam or Winni later in the fall and Greg to fish Sunapee and finally maybe a road trip to visit Lamar and Kezar lake in Maine. Not sure if we can get these things going as everyone seems to be pretty busy at the end of the summer heading onto Labor Day but I will post an invite if possible.

Barring getting together, I am going to be doing more fly fishing in the Catskills and California for the rest of this season but look for an email from one of us in april /early May 2011 getting a caravan together for the NH smallie pre-spawn next year.

Bill, the MadKayaker

I'm in NH as well but inland (Rochester). Before letting my boat go back just recently, i enjoyed fishing Lovell, Mirror Lake especially........, Suncook, and an occasional visit to Winni. I have not been out since the boat went back as i guess all my friends whom i took fishing are too busy doing other stuff, but i won't go there. I'd love to join/ meet GREGD, JIMB or the madkayaker and enjoy a day of fishing with any of you guys. I could meet you anywheres but would have to know in advance a couple days or so. I'm sure my skills are still sharp but wouldn't hurt to hone em in just a bit either. Don't get me wrong, i'm not inviting myself, just would be a good time and a way to finally meet the guys n gals from NH on NTOWS. Just email me if you're interested in taking an old guy (LMAO)out fishing...... Thanx, Jim

Thanks so much for responding guys!!

We are actually having a small get together from the Bass Resource forum at Lake Massesecum on Friday morning if anyone is interested. We only have a few boats now, so its not that big of a gathering.

I'd also be really happy to meet up and do some fishing. I usually fish Fridays for sure, and then whenever else I can.

And here is a link to the thread about the get together on Friday if anyone is interested:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1281530494

Hey guys,

One of will port here the next time we get together. Maybee we can all meet at Sunappee in Sept.

Jim,

Invite yourself, im sure one of will have an open spot..

jimB,

you up for Sunappee?

GregD

Just let me know in advance by email if you would( [email protected] )and i'd love to meet up somewheres and meet with you guys. Sunnapee, now thats where? I know i've been by it when my cousin lived in Newport,NH. YES? Just give me directions or i can meet and ride with someone if thats ok, too. Either way works for me. Let me know...

Jim,

Sunapee is located in the Town of Sunapee, which is located right next to Newport.

I will drop you a line if we manage to get together. We could meet some where on 93.

GregD

Greg,

I may be up for sunapee depending on when. I have a tournament on pawtuckaway on the 18th other than that I'm on vacation after that for the rest of the month but I think I going away.

I have never fished big sunapee before, I do fish little sunapee a lot.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is up for a spring meet-up at one of the NH lakes like Sunapee or Winnisquam?

Hope everyone is thawing out!

Latest posts

Back