New Truck!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Aasen

Reaction score
Just had to share my new tow rig. I spent 9 hours negotiating yesterday with 2 Ford dealers and a Chevy dealer. Got $6500 for my '99 Silverado with 110K and a motor that is sounding like it's about to die. Finally ended up with a Silverado LT with all the bells and whistles for Cost-Co price! Should look great towing my 188!

I had no choice of color since it was an emergancy thing and I needed it immediately. Still I'm thinking I can get to like it.

NoCAL

Truck.jpg

Great Choice.....I like It,:D had one same color..Have a crew cab2005 wit h 6,000 miles for sale now/...JR

Nice, i just bought the same truck about a month and a half ago. Same color and everytihng. So far im pretty happy with it. I plan to take my first tow with it tommorow.

Look twins.....

new%20truck%20004.jpg

Great looking truck.. You will love the color. I will painting mine that color this summer. You ever fish Clear Lake?

Max <><

my '03 chevy is pretty close to the same color, i call it 'dirt' because when it is

dirty, it is hard to tell! :rolleyes:

911.JPG

Max,

I'm only about 1.5 hours from Clear Lake. I had a stretch last year where I went up every weekend for 6 weeks. I probably fished there 20 times over the course of the year. Was just there in Jan for the crappie bite. If you look in my library, you'll see a couple fish. Nothing big yet but this year could be it.

I like the Nerf bars you guys have. I have enough points from Cabelas to order a pair. Are they hard to install? Don't have any money left to pay someone!

NoCAL

NoCal honestly i dont know how hard they were to install on mine. They came with the truck as a dealer installed option.

NoCal...

NICE truck.

BUT, don't take this the wrong way. If you had a 99 (barely 7 years old) with only 110k miles and a "motor that sounded like it was about to die", why would you buy another?

I've never owned a GM before, but may in the future. I currently own only Toyota, and have had AWESOME luck with them for nearly a decade. I was just wondering.

But, it is a SLICK truck, and I love that color!!

I ordered some nerf bars with my cabelas points and they installed pretty easy. Chris F.

It took a long time for the dealer to convince me to get a new one. '99 was the first year the new 5.3 L came out. They have completely changed the motor since 2003. My dad has had Chevy trucks since '89. I've owned 2. Nobody knows what was wrong with the '99, we just know it would have cost around 2K to diagnose the problem and then I still might have been left with a 6K bill to replace the motor. I looked at Ford trucks real hard but I just don't like the ride or the interior. My wife insisted on an extended warrenty with this one. She is paying for the warrenty so I now have 6 years 75,000.

I ordered a set of Nerf bars. Watched a video on Cabela's and they don't seem hard to install.

NoCAL

Just think in 12 years, yours will look as good as mine:D

DSC00084.jpg

No Cal

I usually go down to Clear lake when I live in Klamath falls or while I was in San Diego I would go up there for a week at a shot. Love that place. Didnt get a chance to go there this year though. I have a buddy from W. Va who is planning on flying out here next march and we will be heading down for a week or so from here in Creswell, Or I think I also have a few pics in my Library of clear lake. Have fun with the new truck.. Oh, Put a K&N filter on it as well as a Flowmaster exhaust system.

Max <><

Latest posts

Back