New toy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Picked up my new toy this weekend. I have been hunting for a bike for a while now and i decided to forgo used and buy new. Yesterday i picked up a leftover 2011 Ducati Multistrata 1200 S Touring. So far i absolutely love it. It handles great, stops on a dime and has great power even tho i have yet to even come close to opening it up( got to break it in).

Here is a pic of my new bike minus the luggage bags.

i-Wndz7wk-XL.jpg

Bob B I will be up to see you as soon as its broken in......

Wow!! Nice! Lovin' all the features too - from the front inverted forks to the hand guards to the center stand to the rear hugger on the single swing arm. Did you get a top box with that set up as well as side bags?

Almost makes me want to ride again (almost)! Have fun and remember to keep the rubber side down :D

Jim,

I didnt get the top box yet. They do offer one and i may buy one in the future if i decide to do any long distance touring. For now weekend trips i wdould be able to make due with the bags it has.

The thing that im most impressed with and what made me buy this bike over a BMW or others is the flexibility. Mine has the electronic suspension, ABS and traction control. Ducati really stepped it up wit the "riding modes" that are switchable at the push of a button. The modes change the suspension setup, traction control and the power delivery of the motor and the changes in how the bike rides in each mode is astounding. The "sport" mode gives 150hp with a hair trigger/trouser filling throttle response and a stiff suspension. In that mode its stupid fast and handles unreal. Touring is 150hp with a nice progressive throttle and soft suspension. Urban they drop the power to 100hp, crank up the traction control and alter the suspension for city driving. Enduro is also 100hp, less tracion control and they soften the suspension but raise the bike up an inch for very light off road travel. They can also customise it if you want and they have other presets for having a passenger, luggage, etc. It really makes the bike very flexable. I have used the urban setting almost the all the time in the few rides i have taken. In that mode it drives really nice on the crappy roads we have around here and its still got plenty of oomph.

Jim,

Great choice on the new toy.

My brother picked up the same bike last spring. this is his 3rd bike and says by far his favorite. If you want to reach out to him, he has some great Duc forums and 1 yrs worth of riding intel. He is always looking for riding partners.....

if interested give me a call or email and i will forward his info.

Congrats

Greg

Man! Bikes have come a long way since I quit riding five years ago. Back then I was still on a Suzuki VX800. I installed a Givi Monorack with side bags and top case for touring. Had to sync the carbs manually and adjust the suspension with a special wrench! Forgot tunable HP - unless you were looking at rejetting the carbs! :lol:

Best I could do for HP was buy another bike - a 2000 Yamaha YZF600R (sport bike). That bike was crazy fast but forget about comfort on long hauls. Looks like you got the best of both worlds! Enjoy and be safe!!

Jim - very nice bike! If I can get clearance by the doctor to ride my beamer, I'll be looking for you on 93 or 495. Enjoy it, but be careful - MA drivers are getting worse and worse every year. Bill, the MadKayaker

Latest posts

Back