New Toy...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Munaretto

Reaction score
I added structure scan to both HDS units this week, can't wait to put it on the water - I'm heading up to Long Lake in wisconsin next week, clear deep lake with lots of structure - hopefully structurescan will help us get on the big girls....

David

Long Lake near Sarona / Birchwood Wisconsin... let me guess, Greg, you've been there before :) SWWWEEEET, what advice can you give? :cool:

I don't think there is a lake up there in the frozen tundra that Greg has not been on. He is somewhere fishing every time I call him.:lol:

TOXIC

First, I asked which one because I think there are at least 12 "Long Lake"(s) in Wisconsin. I have fished several (according to my database, at least 5) for walleye. The one I am most familiar with is near Hayward. It is the home of the resort where Famous Dave's BBQ started out. The one you are fishing should be good for Smallies. Very clear, apparently spring fed, so tailor your presentations accordingly (natural colors). With the weather breaking I would target plastics (grubs and tubes) in tight to cover (which is plentiful). If you do happen to want to try for walleye, I would suggest evening/night with a Rapala over weeds near deep water (probably more to the south end) just before or at/after dark. Best advice I can give is to go to Long Lake Bait & Tackle. It is on Hwy B and Blackhawk Rd on the north end of the lake. They have been helpful to me in the past.

As usual, you rock... right on the money - right lake, right lake observations, and the folks over at the tackle shop are very helpful.... Thanks Greg...

David

Let us know how you do.... Any detailed info you want to email I will add to my info for the future...

How bout this for detail, I'm planning to log all sonar data including structurescan for "future reference"...

David

Back