New To The Thread Old To Boat Problems!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgiovannoni

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope in doing this right... not thread savvy... anyway, got a ‘97 nitro with a 150 optimax... here's my problem hope y’all can help... boat at total random will sound the crank case alarm, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, for ever un till the guardian mode brings the rpms down and I have to put it to neutral. Now like I said at total random, some times right when I fire it up. Sometimes before I even hit the 5mph bouy, some times it’s after running full throttle for and hour or more.... sometimes I can go the whole day with out it doing it!?!?!?! It’s not the oil “4 beeps” alarm and it’s not the temperature alarm, I’ve replaced the impeller last week thinking that had something to do with it.. if I had to say there was any pattern or common sequence I’d say it was after it had ran for a while. So maybe heat has something to do with it... any help?

It could be your air pump cooling filter which has to be serviced at least once a year or if you run in the slop like me i have to clean it a lot. It's located on the port side down on the adapter plate with a hose attached that runs up to the air pump. Just take it off and clean it. That's only one thing it could be.

It could be your air pump cooling filter which has to be serviced at least once a year or if you run in the slop like me i have to clean it a lot. It's located on the port side down on the adapter plate with a hose attached that runs up to the air pump. Just take it off and clean it. That's only one thing it could be.

Hey Jerry thanks for the reply!!! So I spent the weekend on the lake shooting carp in one of our local tournaments... put almost 20 hrs on the boat with out a problem! I’ll look into the filter like you said, but I think it was fixed with one of two things I did before hitting the water this weekend... I read on a forum some where that it could have been the battery... I switched it out with the recommend battery and not the deep cycle that was in it... it was either that or the fact that the boat had more weight in it with the carp deck... I never ran the boat more then 5,500 rpm and was having problems but with the weight of the deck and 3 shooters, the boat would only run 5,000-5,400 rpm at 50 mph... made me wonder if my tach is off and maybe before the deck I was running way higher in rpm setting off the max rev limiter... thanks for your help! And I hope this thread can help others that have the same problem!!!!! Been a two year problem for me!!!! Fingers crossed it’s all good and something so simple as a battery!!!!

Latest posts

Back