New Member And New Owner Of An Old Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gosolo

Reaction score
I just bought a 1993 tracker Magna 17.
It’s in pretty good shape but needs a little bit of maintenance. I’m a pretty fair mechanic, but have never had a motor boat before and would like some help getting started. Spent some hours on line looking for manuals with no success. Even manuals that just address the 2 merc outboards would be a great help. Any suggestions?

@Kerz
Thank you for the link!
I will order the appropriate manual when I can figure out which one it is!

Attached is a wiring diragram I found online hopefully it helps with the electrical issues

Attachments

• TrackerWiringColors.jpg
    TrackerWiringColors.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 87
Thank you for the wire color chart. It’s one piece of the puzzle and every piece will help. At least these boats seem to be pretty basic.
From reading various threads on this forum, it’s obvious that many people have come here seeking similar help. It’s apparent that specific model information is about as rare as congressional ethics!

I found a picture of the dual console so you know what I'm talking about. There was a place I found when I bought mine called iboat, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore, and my old computer that had the websites has gone crazy. The is some info on NADA if you look up Tracker Boats, just need to figure what model you have Fish and Ski or tiller.
Tiller says came with 40HP so IDK...
dual console.jpg

Just got old computer to work it was NADA that has specs iboats.com has parts and accessories. Good luck.

Just got old computer to work it was NADA that has specs iboats.com has parts and accessories. Good luck.
Thank you for your help! I have ordered a generic manual from Amazon and will check it out before I buy more.

Latest posts

Back