New England bassers....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Bertrand

Reaction score
I'm heading up to Northern New Hampshire in a couple weeks to get out of the extreme AZ heat. I'll be there from July 2nd-July 25th or so, all I'm doing is fishing.

How is the bite for you guys in NH and Maine? What are you seeing for water temps?

Thanks. Josh

I'm averaging 29 a half day here in southern Maine. What part of the state you interested in? I'm in Bridgton.....about 40 miles NW of Portland.

Thanks guys. I stay in northern NH, in Errol and do most of my fishing around there on Akers Pond, Umbagog Lake, and the Androscoggin River.

Umbagog lake rules.. if you play your cards right you will have 100 fish weekend..

I put in Sudbury river in a couple of places,27,20 and Sherman

I love Umbagog. I wish I could tow my Nitro to NH, but it's not an option so I fish from a Kayak and a 14 v bottom Tracker with a 5 hp Merc 4 stroke when I am up there. I'm going to try and spend more time on Umbagog this summer than last, it's my favorite lake back east.

Try Rapala husky jerks and mepps spinners up there I always had luck with that combo.. I would fish out a bass buggy with just a electric motor up at Umbagog ..

the smallies were on there nest last weekend, i stopped counting at 30 fish in 4 hrs. the bite was fast and furious. as to be expected this time of year. they are late to spawn this year due to the 40 deg weather we had hear all spring.

you will probably find the bucks up tight to shore and the biggins a little deeper.

let us know how you do while up here.

GregD

To all Mainers who do boat and fish in NH waters... in case you were not aware of it, the state of NH has implemented a requirement that in order to operate a watercraft in NH waters you will need to have a Boating Safety Certificate. In 2005 all(resident and non-resident) boat operators under the age of 35 yrs old will need to have this certificate, and all boaters(regardless of age) will need to have this Boating Safety Certificate before 2008.

You can apply for your certificate with an online test at the NH Boating Safety website for a cost of $15.00. You can also take an on-line self-study course on boating safety, which I recommend unless you are in the Coast Guard.

In the Androscoggin River try #13 or #11 Floating Rapala in Rainbow Trout color....the Smallies love'em.

Erroll is awesome!! I love any town that consists of 1 store, 1 restaruant and a 4-way stop sign. I don't know why they have a stop sign...Moose can't read :lol:

That's right Marke, it's an awesome little town. I stay in a cottage on Akers Pond road, lakeside. Have you ever fished Akers?

Latest posts

Back