new boat coming

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
Hey guys :) . Soon I'll be the owner of a Lowe 1652VFT jon boat (still have my PT175). We're getting the new Lowe so that we can fish the local "electric only" small water bodies. My question is about wiring/adding accessories: I ordered two deep cycle batteries for the trolling motor (12V 54# MG foot control, being rigged by dealer), small bilge pump, and depth finder, ans ws wondring if I should I hook them up to the first or second battery? Batteries will be in paralllel.

Here's a scanned pic of the boat from their brochure:

Roughneck%201652VT%20Jon.jpg

Gees, you guys must be made of money! On our minimal HP or electric only out here, all we need to do is pull the prop and we can use our big boats.

all we need to do is pull the prop and we can use our big boats.

Around here the boat can't even have a motor hanging off the back, even if it's not lowered into the water. The small bodies of water are used reservoirs used for public drinking water.

Funny how local jurisdictions differ. Up in the Maryland reservoirs (Triadelphia & Rocky Gorge), which are used for drinking water, they are electric only, but will let you dunk your big boat so long as the motor is fully trimmed up and dry. In Virginia's Occoquan, also a drinking water reservoir, you're allowed to run up to a 10hp gas motor.

Back