New and Improved Tracker Customer Service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Since me! offered to help Tracker get their customer service in order, I wanted to share a vision I had.

Hello, Tracker Customer Service, this is...

(boorish voice) "It doesn't matter who you are, give me Staci quick."

Sir, she's on another line, is there something I could help you...

"Listen here kid, put Staci on the line. This is her father, there's been a terrible accident"

(click.. friendly voice) Hi, this is Staci.

"Staci, it's Mike Snow. Sorry about that BS I gave your co-worker... anyway, I hit a stump and I need you to cover it"

(rude voice) Mike Snow? Let me transfer you to the give a crap department... listen closely <SMASH> (slamming phone down) (dial tone)

----

Oh well, at least it's an improvement :)

Mr. Snow.....

I don't know just how many divots you've got in your hull.

It doesn't sound like many.

Couldn't be too bad if you plan on repairing it yourself.

Shouldn't take you too long or cost you much in materials.

Just think of how much more easily it could be done by someone who knows what they're doing and has the right materials, knowledge and tools.

On the other hand.....

Look at how much time Tracker has put in on the backside.

The hours by Customer Service people.

The hours by the people at the store.

The time it has taken to respond to e-mails.

The negative feelings generated.

Only Joan Jett ever got anything posative out of a "Bad Reputation".

Think of what Tracker could have gained.....

Your efforts posting "Thanks!"

People on the board posting "atta-boys" to Customer Service.

A little spit-shine on the reputation.

There was something that my father said to me years ago..... He said something about how it takes so little overall to meet peoples' needs..... How how easy it was in reality to exceed those needs..... and make yourself Friends/Customers for life.

me!

I'm pretty new to this board, but I get the sense there are more than a few that have a problem with Tracker customer service. This isn't the first crack on customer service that I read. Is this reality? Do those who have had to deal with Tracker get no help from the dealer?

Some dealers are excellent,...some are not. CS issues are supposed to be handled at the Dealer level, but at times it takes corporate approval to get certain repairs authorized or to verify that they are indeed "warranty" issues. The problems most of us see and read about on this board are the result of confusion between the customers, dealers and corporate policy on what is covered and what is not covered, and for how long. Most customer's want EVERYTHING covered forever!!.LOL,..some dealers will bend over backwards to keep their customers happy,...quite often at the dearlerships own expense...but in some cases,...the dealer HAS to get corporate approval in order to send the boat out to be repaired by an "authorized facility" such as a glass shop or a shop that welds aluminum. CS issues start when the dealership and corporate do not agree on what is and is not covered. Ultimately the customer is the one who ends up dissatisfied when he/she has to bear the sometimes HUGE out of pocket expenses to get their boat back. Those are the problems we hear about,....I always got excellent service when I dealt with the Auburn Hills dealership....Ken Neeley and Craig Roberts were awesome to work with...they went to bat for me when it was required, and because of them I always experience excellent CS at the dealer level. Unfortunately,..to few of those kinds of people are in those key positions. CS starts at the dealership level,..but ultimately rests on corporate's shoulders. All to often it is not handled well at the corporate level and the customer ends up stuck with a boat he/she can't use,...a payment that is due "regardless" and no answers......not a pretty picture.,..unfortunately it's the way it is....ALWAYS check out the dealers reputation BEFORE buying any brand of boat...saving thousands up front doesn't mean squat if you can't get it fixed or you have to replace everything a year or two down the road....I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for"!!....and GOOD CS is worth a few extra bucks on the bottom line when there's no hassles when you have to get it fixed!! IMHO!!

Mac

I'll have to agree with Mac the the Dealer is the key. I'm a guy who spent a huge $10,000 on my PC175 4 years ago. I bought the extended 5 year bumber-to-bumber (or should it be BowRoller-to-Prop) warranty because i'd never bought a new boat before and heard HORROR stories about guys blowing motors (didn't and still don't know what that means :). After 4 years not ONE warranty claim against Tracker or the warranty. But more important is I have had better service from the Altanta BPS/Tracker store then I have from my past Honda dealer!!! Now thats saying something! I've had out of warranty items fixed without asking by Tracker Atlanta, had the boat done WAY earlier then I expected, and for an entry-level boat I could not be happier! OK if i'd spend the cash for the 75 Merc or blew a huge wad of $$ on a 911, but I can honestly say i've had zero issues.

I know Mike S, Tee and others in the past have had some serious issues but if I look at the over 1500 members here (and i've not done the math) i'd wonder if maybe 1% have had serious issue of quality or service (that would be 15 people I think). Which is very small when you think about the HUGE number of actual Recal's that occur daily from our Car manufacturers.

Ok, back to work and dreaming of fishing!

Now if I could just get Tracker to put the Sport model in the Tundra 18 i'd be set!

Okay guys, the post was nothing more than a spoof. It wasn't intended as a jab at anyone.

Where my situation went wrong is that the dealership sends any glass claims to corporate. A simple "I'll send it in, but I don't believe they'll cover it because...." would have been fine. I'd have been prepared for the rejection and known WHY. My car dealership will tell me if something's not covered right off the bat. I realize we're talking about a "grey area", but at least a little early insight into expecting problems helps.

I agree with all the posts above. I've had two Nitro's and not a single problem with either that I didn't cause myself.

However.....

(I hate it when I have to use that word.)

It can be summed up in three words.....

Communication and Cooperative Effort.

It is my opinoin that Tracker builds high quality products.

Customer Service is somewhat lacking in understanding of their own title; they appear to remain focused on retaining profitability for the corporate entity. They appear to look for ways to deny claims rather than to seek a reasonable solution.

Perception is Reality.

If they would simply change their focus slightly towards Communicating with the Owner, they would be able to retain profitability on the front end while significantly enhancing reputation and ultimately sales profit.

me!

P.S.

Mr. Burroughs, I am available to help Tracker reach those goals.

Staci Matheis

303 Village Drive

Glen Carbon, IL 62034

618-288-5041

Don't even get me started with Tracker Corporate Customer Service....

Way back in 2000, when my TV-18 transom problems initially surfaced and my boat sat idle at the dealer for 3 weeks with no answers (not the dealers fault) during fishing season, I took it upon myself to call Tracker corporate Customer service/warranty repairs myself. The response I recieved told me everything I needed to know about there supposed "customer service" tactics.

After explaining my problem (in a calm and rational way)to an individual whom I will not name, but who is still employed there...his response to me was..."How did you get this number..? I don't speak to customers directly." He then hung up.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if he works in Customer Service than he should expect and be capable of dealing with customers. That was merely the beginning of my odyssey with Tracker Marine Corporate. I am so tired of talking about everything I went through with them that I just won't do it anymore.

I absolutely love my TV-18, but I refuse to buy another Tracker/Nitro product because of a few smallminded people at the bighouse...

Just a positive note here for the local (BPS Charlotte) BPS store. I bought my Tracker from an independent dealer because I could develop a relationship with them, they were smaller, and could deal with customers better.

I moved all my service/warranty work to BPS (just up the road), because they did a better job - solved problems that my original dealer didn't want to handle - and saved me some decent sized bucks on a warranty item that the other dealer wouldn't handle.

Tex

my take on this subject is that if the employees makig the boats were paid a decent wage and trained properly,there warranty dept/customer circus,oops service would be hardly needed,but unforseeable things can and will occure,since this is NOT a perfect world we live in.

people who are paid less than what they are worth will give less than quality work.look at yourselves for example,do you not make sure your own equiptment is perfect in every way,shape,and form?do you not take good care of your equiptment?

have you ever had a bad day at work,and let things pass that you should have looked at closer?i admit to doing that,but i do take pride in my work,as anybody can attest to seeing my boat in person.

welders and riveters have bad days where things just are not going right,ive had a few in both areas,but i do go back over things to make it right,kind of anal about some things like that.i work repairing over the road trucks,so you have to be anal about safety and mechanical items,things that if they broke or were not fixed right could hurt or kill people,80,000 lbs of steel rolling 65 mph makes a big dent in things.ever see a deer get hit by a freightliner classic at 70 mph?unidentifiable,if it was a person,or a car,well,dont want to think about that.

getting back to customer service,got it right this time,they should listen and take down all the information then look at the item then make a determination after all the facts are presented,but,the bottom line is $$$$$$$,corporate america is run on $$$$$,and the less they have to doll out in warranty work is more $$$$$$ in there coffers to do r&d for new items,or investing it in the company for lean times.

so bottom line is $$$$$$$$.thats it.nothing more,nothing less.

Well now Magna...that's a pretty good run down but,not ALL people base their quality of work on how much they're gettin' paid....at least I don't.

And if anybody knows about Tracker Customer Service(or non-service)..it would be I

TEE

I agree Tee,....if I let my "income derived from drawing" determine the quality of effort put forth,...I'd be drawing stick fish!!! LOL...<(((<<-<

i didnt mean all people,but some today think they should be paid top dollar for substandard work or productivity.ive seen it a few times.

ive been to the bolivar plant.they were building aluminum boats there.they didnt look like they were working very hard.so how hard of a job could it be?

for being a diesel mechanic,i should be getting paid a lit more than i am,but the area i live in doesnt pay that well,so i am stuck doing it,but the quality of work is always there.

Does NITRO/Tracker have any more problems than other mfgr.'s....nope....Do they handle those problems that arise the same as the other mfgr.'s....Nope....but I think they are learning. Corporate structure is a constanly evolving entity and it will change. They need to screen dealers better and make sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to problems. Marketing 101....your best customer is an unhappy customer. Why? Because you turn that unhappy customer and he will be a buyer for life and will bring in additional business, a lot of additional business. I've seen it work.

TOXIC

Well I need to chime in here and if the quality of the work at Tracker is bad due to the working conditions/pay then the workers must have been cheated out of a party or a weeks pay when they put my boat together and the same for the service folks I have dealt with.

Want to know how to improve CS FIRE Sandy and Ken and find someone that don't care about corporate $$$ and will take sides with the really unhappy customers (they are out there). Yes I said FIRE because she didn't help me and he wouldn't even answer my calls.

GET RID of all of them and get Stacy in there at least she has ears and wouldn't lead you on for months and then tell you sorry there is nothing we can do for you! Fire their lying Azzzz!!!

Yes Mac is right you get what you pay for.

That is why Tracker is the least expensive.

From the time I gave up on TRACKER I have discouraged many people from buying one. I also have heard lots of bad happenings about some Nitro boats as well.

It is a shame that this company is so big that they don't need to worry about getting a bad reputation.

Stack em deep and sell em cheep.

That is my opinion (from my dealings with my TRACKER TV-18)

Charlie

Just a bit of a note here.....

If Sandy is the person I think she is, I spoke with her a few years back. Sandy, are you the person who used to actually be up at the plant in Clinton? I found that lady to be very pleasant to speak with and focused on taking care of the customer. (I forget the reason for my call - just stickin' my nose where it didn't belong as usual.)

The Reps on the phone are not the ones who set the policies or make final determinations - they just pass policy along and take the beatings. They seldom get pats on the back even when well deserved.

me!

Jeff -

Was that a Classic or a Classic XL? Non-sleeper, flat top or condo? What wheelbase? Which engine - big, heavy Detroit or one of the new, lightweight CAT's? All that adds to or detracts from the momentum. Tall rubber or low-profile? Point of impact counts as well. Might not sound like much to you and I - but it makes a big difference to anyone trying to make road-kill chilli!

:)

classic xl,condo,full sleeper,3406e cat 575hp,18 speed box,tall rubber,grill impact,dead center,at around 75 mph.long wheelbase of course,that nice big flat chrome bumper with all the chicken lights in it also!!

Okay, I call for a vacation on Sandy bashing for at least a week. She is going though a personal crisis at the moment. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to know about it, but everyone has a personal life too. Right now is a bad time to be riding Sandy's butt. Because I'm pretty sure it is none of my business, I won't discuss what the issue is. Suffice to say that you've seen how liberal I get and how I'm not touchy-feely, so if it's coming from me, it's a tough road she's got ahead of her. I will say it's not drugs (because if I were reading what I just wrote, I'd think she was in rehab or something).

Now, as for how Tracker works, I don't think Sandy or Ken are the resident evil. Every corporation has to be concerned with the bottom line. It's every employee's job to be concerned with the bottom line too. Tracker had a sales manager that seemed to care a bit too much about what the customer wanted... he's no longer a sales manager. I firmly believe that firing any one or two people won't fix the problem. Customer service comes at a price. If Charlie gets a new boat, then maybe we each pay an additional $10 on our next Tracker/Nitro to offset the costs. That's unfortunately how it works. Profit comes FIRST.

Then we should send.....

Best Wishes, Sandy!

You ARE part of our extended Family!

We hope for the Best for you!

me!

There are three parties here..... One is you. Then there is Tracker. Who is your Dealer?

8 months is too long to drag out anything.

$1200 to move the motors from one hull to the other? Seems pretty high. Was there more done than just that? Was the Tundra hull a more expensive one than the Fisher? Was it Tracker that suggested the different hull or something you requested? Was the motor swap done by the dealer or Tracker? Was it a figure you agreed to in advance? Maybe I'm all wet, but that figure just doesn't jive in my mind with the work performed.

No matter which hull, Fisher or Tundra, a 125 is simply not enough motor for a 20' boat. Minimum 150 hp. Is there a reason you didn't get a larger motor in the first place?

I would have expected your dealer to work with you on the props - especially if you had difficulties with the hull.

There are many things that could cause the list - from the hull to motor placement to just not having it trimmed properly..... No where near enough info here.....

Two screw holes in the hull? Where was the battery mounted?

No excuse for the tire and bracket. Or the cover.

No way in the world that we on the board will ever know the full story..... It should never have gotten this far in the first place..... The 8 months of fermentation must have been a contributing factor.

me

Something makes NO sense here. First, before the rig is sent back to the factory, the motors and such should have been pulled, along with any accessories. The DEALER should have known this. They don't send boats to the factory for a repair. In most cases, if the damage is enough that the boat goes back to the factory, it doesn't come back.

Now, here's where it gets strange. How did the dealer get the motor back? If he'd removed it before he sent it in, then the factory obviously wouldn't move the motor to the new boat.

It also sounds like you completely changed boat styles. A Tundra is a multi-species boat and probably needs an extra-long shaft.

I'm also assuming that Fisher no longer makes a 20' boat, and the only 20' aluminum boat available at that time was a Tundra.

The Tundra looks to be one HECK of a boat, but also a heavy boat (compared to an aluminum bass boat).

The Tundra is a pad-style boat, and comes with a 150hp standard. Trying to push a boat that Tracker (known for using lower HP motors to keep the price down) that comes with a v-6 with a 4cyl motor just isn't going to work well.

While 8 months has crossed the border to absurd, Tracker apparantly replaced your boat with a more expensive model. They honored their warranty on the hull. The motor dilemma is a tough one. I don't know how they can be expected to "eat" a new motor. Perhaps the factory could have done some sort of a trade-in, but I'm not even sure that's a realistic expectation.

It really sounds as though the dealership failed you by not having you remove (or removing themselves) the accessories prior to it leaving their lot. Additionally, the dealership should have been able to foresee the engine power/shaft length issue.

I think the bottom line on this is for Tracker to ask "what do I have to do to make you happy". If your answer is a new motor, then I'm afraid I have to side with them on "ain't gonna happen".

I HATE it when I take Tracker's side... :)

Let me start with: "I applaud Tracker for their effort in replacing Mr. Oliver's hull."

I read these two posts late last night..... Then again early this morning..... Then again..... Trying to figure out just what all was being said.....

I HATE it when I have to agree with Mike..... :)

I also hate it when I have to use the "but" word.

BUT.....

There seems to have been a LOT of miscommunication here. Some the fault of Tracker. Some the fault of the dealer. Some the fault of Mr. Oliver.

Referring back to my second post above: Communication and Cooperative Effort.

Ultimately, it is Tracker's responsibility to establish effective lines of communication between themselves, the dealer and the customer.

me!

First off Tim, if that is your real name...it seems your email addresses are changing with every post (we like to be up front here), you can't expect to come to a website dedicated, for the most part, to happy Tracker Marine owners and lay down the type of complaints you have and expect everyone to rally around you. That being said, this is the most objective group you will find. If tracker has messed up then this is the group that will agree with you. Second, make it clear in your mind that the dealer and tracker have a business relationship and that each has their own level of responsibility to you. Do not lump them together. Let's review....

1. you bought a fisher and rigged it nicely (side curtains, spare, cover, kicker, electronics etc.).

2. Boat developed hull problems that required returning it to the factory.

3. Factory offered you another hull (18ft. Fisher). You refused.

4. Factory offered a Tundra hull. You agreed.

Now is where it gets "fuzzy"...You say the factory was going to switch you motor over to the new hull but they didn't....Why? The dealer switched the motors for $1,200. Why did you pay the dealer to switch the motors when the factory offered to do it gratis? It would have/should have been warranty work for the dealer anyway and at no cost to you. If you needed an extension then that also should have been at no cost.

Who rigged the batteries and put the holes in the hull? the Dealer? The Factory? Who ever did that needs to fix the hull...very simple and there should be no complaint, another warranty fix at no cost to you. As for your "personal" things, since when is a cover and spare "personal"? Papers and documents in the rig, fishing gear, etc., is "personal". If you wanted a cover that wouldn't fit your boat, and a spare to add to the one that you should have gotten free with your new rig, and electronics in addition to the ones they put on your new rig, then you should have told them that you were swapping out these items and that you didn't want the standard electronics etc., that came with the Tundra (I assume it came rigged). If you are saying you wanted both sets, you are out of line. Since you paid the $1,200 to get the boat rigged by your dealer, then the dealer did a crappy job and that is why you have a hard pull to port. Make the dealer rig the boat so that it runs that way it should. This has NOTHING to do with tracker. As far as the motor being too small....yeah, you could use a few more ponies on the back but that boat WILL function with a 115 (If rigged right). It won't be a speed demon but it will work. As for the warranty, your new hull also has a lifetime warranty. You need to address the problems with the correct people. Starting a class action isn't going to get you squat because Tracker has accomodated you. Put your energy into getting your rig fixed the way it should be.

TOXIC

Sheesh..... Even Rich is confused..... Now I don't feel so bad!

Even though Mr. Oliver had gotten some use from his original hull, a new 18' hull in exchange for a used 20' hull was not a reasonable offer. They are not "like" items. Again, I applaud Tracker for being willing to step up to the plate with the Tundra.

A $1,200 charge from the dealer for a motor extension? I'm not comfortable with that charge - even though I know that it is an expense that they incurred. It is not one that Mr. Oliver would have reasonably expected to pay. This should have been ironed out at the time the hull exchange was agreed upon since Tracker and the Dealer both knew in advance that it would be necessary.

Battery holes. Who was the idiot that did that job? The Dealer should repair them and whoever employs that idiot should fire him.

Does a spare tire come standard with the Tundra? I don't know. If Mr. Oliver had one on his Fisher, then he should have one on the Tundra. If there is a spare with the Tundra - standard or optional - then all is even. If not, he should be given one.

All electronics - standard or optional - should have been transfered to the Tundra at no cost to Mr. Oliver (I have the impression that they were) if they were originally factory or dealer installed.

Mr. Oliver should have the opportunity to purchase new accessories - such as curtains and a cover - at cost from the Dealer.

Is the pull/list really a rigging problem or a trim problem? We still don't know. Again, the Dealer should see that this is right, even if it means going for a ride with Mr. Oliver to show him how to properly trim out this new hull. It's the very least they can do for his problems.

I think the "class action suit" threat is simply Mr. Oliver's frustration showing through. We've all been there at one time or another in our lives.

How many times do I need to say "Communication"?

me!

the way it was explained to me when i took mine back to the factory for repairs is if they were to swap hulls,they would rig the boat with my motor at no charge.any personal items would not be put on,such as canvas,rod holders ect.they would use your trailer only if it was a same boat swap.anything that came from the factory would be put back on the new hull,seeing mine didnt come with a trolling motor or electronics,that was my responsibility.

now when i took it there i got a paper with the serial# of the motor,hull,and trailer,plus any other items that were not removed from the boat.they also told me to remove any and all presonal items from the boat before i took it back or picked up at the dealer.now your dealer should have known this and removed all your items,such as seats,electronics,trolling motor,and such.they(dealer)would be more than likely responsible for reinstalling said items.$1200 to rig a motor?sounds like a fish story,or did they rig the 15 also for you?

maybe possibly can we say trolling?

This is unreal--It all starts with the dealer and then communications with TRACKER. When I had problems with my 2000 TV-18 everything worked out fine no hassle at all. All was negotiated with the dealer and TRACKER. They replaced it with a 2003 and a new trailer!! You can't beat that. I even wrote a thank you to the dealer and Tracker. My situation was completely opposite of other member problems and resolutions. IT STARTS WITH THE DEALER!!!

When I was looking for my 1st boat, I hit this board and BBC. Posted ?? about new boats / Tracker.

The #1 piece of advice was "find a good dealer"

That is as or more important then the boat..

When I called the dealer-- I asked Dennis, the saleman ,why I should get my boat from him and not at BPS 4hrs away and save shipping..??--"If you buy from us you have me". I'll make sure everything is right".

Dennis has done a great job.

Good Luck---HaleDamage

Mr. Oliver -

Please sign up as a Member and keep coming back.

We'd enjoy having you here.

me!

Kill em' with kindness eh Staci!!

Tim you have got to lose the attitude. We all know you are frustrated and we would like to help but when you lace every statement with such venom, it's hard to understand your points. I don't think you should have had to pay for squat regarding the hull replacement or the repairs to the new hull. Your dealer is the problem, plain and simple. If you knew the motor was too small why in the world did you agree to the trade in the first place. And Why oh Why are you letting them get off without fixing your boat? Tracker monitors this site and let me tell you, you are not doing yourself any favors by being so obstenant. Like I said before, you need to find out who is/was responsible for what and hold them accountable. As long as you are under warranty, you shouldn't be paying a red cent. If you don't like the dealer you bought your boat from, go to another. Buy the way, we are NITRO and Tracker OWNERS not lovers. There are some on this board that have had worse problems than yours and others that have actually had their problems resolved to everyone's satisfaction....imagine that!!

So sit down, cool off, and help us help you. Otherwise you can go over to the BFHP and the whole crew over there will join you in a bash fest. I don't think that will solve your problems though.

TOXIC

Kill with kindness? No way.

I just think that Mr. Oliver has gotten the short end of the stick. I think he has every right in the world to be upset - that's what happens when someone gets hurt.

I am under the impression that the bulk of the problem was caused by the Dealer.

Ultimately, the responsibility is Tracker's. It is up to them to establish effective means of communication with the owner through the dealer. When they have a dealer who falls down on the job as badly as this one did, it is up to them to take some sort of action - up to and including pulling his franchise.

Any part of the confusion caused by Mr. Oliver was stricktly due to his lack of experience.

Mr. Oliver -

There are others here who have had difficulties. They have come here in the same state of mind as yourself. They have found that, besides being a good spot to air their gripes, this site is a wonderful spot to meet new Friends with similar interests.

Please join in!

me!

(And come to the Rally at Kentucky Lake April 17th & 18th!)

me! I don't totally agree. While Tracker is responsible for it's share of problems, there is a distinct line between them and the dealer. It would be impossible for them to monitor and be responsible for every dealer who handles their line. I do agree that when screening dealers upfront there should be some process to predict a dealers ability to handle conflict resolution or their overall credibility (beyond financial) remember Dusty Rhoads tales?.....but the notion that Tracker is ultimatly responsible for every problem is not fair.

TOXIC

Mr. Oliver...

I am afraid that there is little left for you to do beyond hiring a lawyer and going for the best resolution you can get through a court. As I understand the matter, the biggest problems arose because the factory could not give you an "exact replacement". At tat point, both you and Tracker made mistakes, probably not deliberately... neither one anticipated the whole picture, the bota and motor "together"... Tracker sees it as they have replaced the hull... You see it as not exactly a fair trade for your old one... just more different problems... Seems to me that a lawyer will be able to get you a better result... Good luck... If "customer satisfaction and goodwill" meant much to Tracker they would be working harder to resolve this one... You never got what you paid for and now continue to have a mess that was not created by you... Johnny Morris... your good name is getting beat up here for no really good reason...

I agree with Mr Meyers. Unfortunately, there are times when we must drive to the big city and hire a lowyer(oops, I mean lawyer). Robert

Tim I am sorry to hear about your situation and hope everything gets resolved.

Tim, you are getting there!! JLM is the owner/founder of Tracker/Bass Pro Shops.

I still think this could be resolved without a court battle.

Let's take the issues 1 at a time---

#1- You are being too kind to your dealer. I wonder why Tracker authorized a non-Tracker dealer to rig the boat? Maybe to speed up the process for you? Nonetheless, he damaged your boat...he needs to fix it? Agree?

TOXIC

..........what a mess..........

..........good intentions gone bad..........

..........lack of communication..........

Two Thumbs Up to Jim Carrol!

And, "Yes!", Mr. Oliver, it is!

(Now, sign on as a Member and talk to us on a regular basis!)

(Then I can start calling you "Tim"!)

Great.....

2nd issue.....You paid $1,200 that you shouldn't have to your dealer. I assume he charged you because he is not a Tracker dealer therefore could not do Tracker warranty work. Either Tracker or your dealer needs to refund this $$. I would say Tracker because they authorized your dealer to rig the boat and they should have known that they gave you a hull that would not fit your motor. Agree? If you do, I would put a letter together with the $1,200 invoice (copy) and get it off to Trackers warranty department. It should have been part of the deal.

TOXIC

Frankly... they need to just trade him an XR-6 150 for his 125 and call it a day... He created none of this mess... Had he known all the "facts" I am sure he would not have said yes to the hull swap... Like I told a dealer (Non-Tracker) that I am working with.... (BTW, I made the appointment to see this dealer the day after this thread of Mr. Oliver started... it was the last straw for me...or it would have been a Tundra on the order sheet) Tracker beats everybody on price... The Tundra is hands down better than anything else out there... But I won't (read that as can't) try to justify dropping the money and taking a chance on the customer service roulette wheel that Tracker runs... It is why, other than "free" to the few big names they "sponsor"... you don't see the walleye tournament crowd buying into Tracker... Everywhere it is discussed... and I spend a lot of time around the dinner table or at the bar waiting at 20+ tournaments every year... It's always the same story with a variation... These guys won't buy into Trackers because they are afraid of the spotty or non-existent customer service... It is all I hear...

Well, IMHO tracker has tried to make it right in some areas but may have fallen short in others. No, a 150 for Tim's 125 is not a fair thing to ask for but a trade at cost might be if it is that important. Check the mph difference between a 150 and a 125...not that great. His motor will function just fine. I wouldn't worry about customer service with a good dealer.

TOXIC

Well Staci I signed on as a member and looked at the web site for the first time .Wow , Some nice water buggies here or should I say girlfiends Greg.Seems to be alot of love and romance involved here.It was good to see alittle about the people I have been talking to here.

You'll all have to bear with me as I maybe what seems a little long winded at times.But I feel it is important for you to understand what I feel I have been though with this matter. Seeing how you are willing to listen. Please, take note I say " I feel".I do admit that some of my feelings or judgements maybe clouded with the anger that has come with the deal.Please by all means express your or opinion where you might feel I am wrong. I think you all have a pretty good picture of what has happen.Opinions seem to differ alittle.

I would like to say, Greg ,I maybe dragging Mr. Johney Morris's good name thur dirt.But, it is his company, or the people in it that I feel has ground me to that dirt that I drag his good name thru.Believe me,It is not by any means my nature and I do it not with good conseince.Nor,am I pleased with moral level the anger has taken me.

After I got my boat from the dealer in the spring.I was pretty pissed off.I swollowed really hard and stuffed the anger down.I went to fishing and enjoyed some really good fishing .However,the boat although a really nice boat, I find I have this love, hate relationship with it.For reasons I think you might already understand.I thing it's going to take a little romancing before the true love begins

Then came the letter from Tracker legal Paper wanting me to sign off on the deal.Well, I sent them back a letter. Letting them Know that thay had just hired a sales rep like they have never had before And just what I thought of the deal. Yes,an Angery,Venomous,Obstenant note. That recived no reply. Again I was left to stew in the anger .I went to work on the sales and it has cost them a few boats.

The first guy was up on Sturgon Bay, We pulled into a camp ground and before we could get to the camp site I had two guys running along behind me.His first words were "I've got to have one of these boats .How do you like it??." Well I tell you what, it's a wounder my toung was'nt bleeding by the time he left.I was a biting on it so hard to keep a civil conversation.I must admit it it has gotten easier.

So the summer is over the boat is up for the winter.I begin to think What to do??

I got the e- mail from Jim Caroll In responce to a post on the walleye central web page. At the same time I started talking to you.

Glad to have you as a Member, Tim!

Again, Thumbs up to Jim Carrol for his unsolicited offer and to Tracker for replacing the hull!

Now..... Think of how very much differently this story could have read..... Had everyone's efforts simply been coordinated right from the start with communication between the parties.....

Back