Minnkota Customer Service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Mark

Reaction score
Last Monday afternoon after fishing I dropped my Sospenders in the boat from on the pier (with the drought up here, water levels are down 3-4 feet in the WI river, so it was a healthy drop) to get the trailer & load up. Unknown to me until I got home & was storing gear did I realize the I-Pilot remote control battery cover had somehow come off & was gone. The control was clipped to my vest. The battery was laying on the deck, but no cover found anywhere. I called a couple of MinnKota service centers to acquire a replacement. Both told me they'd have to order it & had no idea on the cost or availability as it's a new item on the "new style" control for the ver2 control. I figured if they had to order it, I might get it faster if I call Minnkota myself, so I called customer service. After a 10 minute wait listening to music a gentleman gets on the phone, asks my problem, asks my name, tells ME where I live, etc then states he'll drop one in 1st mail immediately so I have it by this weekend for fishing. That was really nice, but the really impressive thing is as I'm sitting there with my credit card in hand waiting to hear how much that cover would cost me, he says "no problem, no charge, that stuff happens!!" Not wanting to sound ungrateful, I explain that it isn't a warranty issue, it was a laziness issue & I'd pay for it. He again states "no, no problem, I've got it handled for you, you'll have it in 2-3 days so you don't lose much fishing time"!! It arrived yesterday as he stated, 3 days from ordering!

With all the bad things we hear about in life about customer services, it is nice to be able to to relay a good experience with customer service from a class act company!!

That's fantastic:cool:

Although I'll bust somebodies chops for poor CS...I WILL give KUDOS and tell someone about it for good CS also;)

Great to hear stories like this! It's why I am a devoted customer (and fan) of Plano (tackle boxes/storage) and Humminbird - not only great products, but great CS as well!

great story. While off topic I had a similar experience with the American customer service of Brother for a printer. Great company. I hope customer service comes back to this country.

I switched back from Motorguide because my new boat came with a Minn Kota. The first one caught fire and almost burned up my boat. My excellent neighbor saved the day. Minn Kota didn't offer me squat! Ended up buying a Fortrex for a $1000. My local Minn Kota repairman said Power Drives keep him in buisness.:angry: I'm very glad they took care of you.

fatrap

Hey TOXIC you said, "Good story. We need to reward companies that go the extra mile for us."

I believe we already DO reward companies by BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS! It's nice to see them rewarding the CONSUMER for doing just that. I know what you mean though, and a public 'shout-out' like this is nice to see!

Steve,

It's important for those who have not bought yet and have a choice. Just like Bob B and other fine mechanics, you have a choice what brand of boat to buy, and powerplant to hang on the back of your boat. You also have a choice in TM's, electronics, battery chargers, rods/reels, etc. So stories of those that take care of us AFTER the sale help those deciding what to buy BEFORE the sale;)

That's why I use Minn Kota and Humminbird! Plus the Minn Kota motors are quieter, more reliable, and have lift assist.

Latest posts

Back