Need Recommendations

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Balch

Reaction score
I would like to attach clamp-on rod holders to the gunwale of my 2003 PT 175 so I can set up rods to troll. The gunwales are 4 inches wide.

Would also like a suitable hook-on ladder, also detachable, for swimming.

I would appreciate any recommendations, based on your experience. Thanks, Bill

Bill,

Instead of clamp ons, you may want to consider driftmaster holders. The base will attach right to the top and is very unobtrusive when not in use.

Rich D

The Drifmaster makes a FISH-ON rod holder that is the best by far. I have them mounted on the gunwale on my 185 and they work great. The top is curved a little so I used a 1/16" piece of rubber underneath to compensate. The fish on rod holders come straight out when you set the hook....no need to pull it out of the holder. Cabela's carries them...I don't think BPS does.

TEE

I agree with TEE and Rich, i've got a 175 and use the Driftmaster Fish-On holders! The bases are very small (rectangle or star) so that when the holders are removed there is very little showing.

As to the ladder, I went with a permanent mounted one from BPS - http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=803&hvarTarget=search

For a removable one, they have:

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=23391&hvarTarget=search

I would recommend a permanent ladder on the back. I bought a removable one last year and it was a pain. Just one more thing to take up storage.

Thanks everyone! I am going to order the permanent two-step ladder from BPS and the Driftmaster rodholders from Cabela. I really appreciate the feedback. I think I'll have my dealer in Austin do the installation. For a new Tracker boat owner like myself, this website is a goldmine of good and friendly information.

Happy Fishing, Bill

Latest posts

Back