Need help!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess Yaj

Reaction score
I bought a 91 nitro 160tf boat and I when i turn on the bilge pump and aerator its not working... Is there another way to test it out...same goes with the two fish finder, speed odometer, trim meter and the engine tilt or trim at the front deck of boat is also not functioning...can anyone be of any helped I am grateful to hear any

Reply back...

Check fuses and connections it may have the old glass type My friends Lowes has the old type fuse and he has to just roll them in the holder to get them to make up. If youve lost power to everything it's something simple. Check the connection at the battery first.

Fuses may be located up under the console. You may have to literally lay on your back and stick your head underneath.

I've got a '91 180FS, and I've had to replace a couple of the switches because the internals were glazzed. My switch panel has reset buttons right under the switches, and I have had to replace a couple of them, also. None of the electronics in my boat will work on less than 11 volts, and I discovered that when I had a battery go bad.

I just had to relace the livewell pump last year. The livewell pump, and the bilge pump, in my boat, are located under a plate in the floor of the battery compartment. I highly recommend pulling the cover plate and cleaning the bilge area, and inspecting the bilge pump strainer. The livewell drain control is in this location, and a little super lube on the cable wouldn't hurt. The aerator pump is behind a carpeted plate, inside the storage compartment, under the seats. Feel free to ask any questions, Thanks, Don

Latest posts

Back