92 Nitro 2000DC Bilge Switch

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first boat and am confused on a few things. I posted a pic of someone else's control panel but mine is the same. The recirculate switch turns on a pump that seems to be connected to the live well behind the seats. The freshwater switch turns on a pump underneath a board at the back of the middle of the boat that looks like it should be the bilge pump. The bilge switch doesn't seem to do anything, can't hear any motors going. Is there a third pump for the bilge that doesn't work or does the freshwater switch control the actual bilge pump?

Also what's with the manual and auto options? Very confused....

switch panel.jpeg

On the recirculate and the freshwater switch, the manual turns on constantly. The automatic turns on and off according to a timer.

Freshwater puts freshwater from the lake into the livewell. The recirculate pumps water from the bottom of the livewell to the top of the livewell.

The bilge switch operates a third pump that pump water out of the bilge area, this is located at the rear of the bilge area.

Something may not be working or something wired incorrectly.

some pumps are attached directly to the side of the liewells. Turn on a pump and hear and feel where it is inside the livewell.

I found the bilge pump, its underneath the gas tank. This looks impossible to replace without removing the gas tank.

Usually it's a cartridge that slip in and twist, there probably is a tab to push or pull, then twist out the cartridge. Buy new one and reverse process.

I feel this is a good time to introduce you to the world of working on boats, where you twist and turn your body upside down and reach into places never been touched and along the way a few scrapes and cuts.

My personal best is when you get shards of fiberglass under your finger nail.

LOL

Latest posts

Back