Need help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Smith

Reaction score
Hey folks need some help. I am a beginning fisherman, have a house on Lake of the Ozarks, MO and like to eat crappie, so I need to learn how to catch more. Do any of you know about dropping lights in the water at night at your dock? Have heard great results. What I need to know is what kind of light to use ( size, etc ) and where you recommend it be purchased. Thanks in advance.

joe,

i love to crappie fish and used to fish for them and cats most of the time. I haven't fished at night for them but a good friend of mine does in the summer months. He uses a 12V Lamp with the styrofoam around it for flotation and it works just fine. Bass Pro, Academy, and Walmart have these type lamps and you can get them that plug into the cigarrette lighter or with clips for your battery (these are 12Vdc types). make sure you have some good cover under your dock such as a brush pile. I usually use small minnows with a spit shot or two and tight line fish for crappie. hope this helps.

jd

Latest posts

Back