NBS Tournament:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
Well Rob, and I just finished up the Northern Bass Supply tournament on Lake Champlain, we didn't do as well as wanted to but still managed to take 6th place out of 43 boats. We had 7 smallies and 1 largemouth for a bag weight of 19.45#'s with the largemouth in at 3.45(?) I think. We were on them in the morning and then the winds died and the lake was too calm. The winning bag was only slightly over 23#'s. They payed out to 10 places so we managed to take $500 for 6th place. They were hoping for more boats but the tournament was going head to head with the LCI Bass Trail Tournament out of Plattsburgh and that greatly reduced the boat count. Out of the eight fish Rob caught 6 of them and we each lost a few at the boat, a few of the one's lost were over 3 pounds easy. Anyway we are thinking of going to NH and fishing Winne. Rob is going to check with his wife and let me know. We would also have to look at the cost associated with the tournament as money is always tight and my wife keeps a good grip on it.. Anyway it was a blast and I think I found a new tournament partner...who can teach this old dog a new trick...

good job,...congrat's!! Neeley and I fished a small tournament today too...Mini missed a check my 2 oz's!...Ken and I had a small limit, but didn't bother to weigh them,...not when the 1st to teams to weigh in had 19+lbs!..ahaha....we found some new water though that warrants further exploration!! Will check it out with my Aqua-Vu when it arrives!! Could be a gold mine at some point,...need to figure out when!!

Buzz&Rob,

Congrats are in order! Top 15% finish is always great in any tourney...Look at BASS Angler of The Year stats and if you finish in top 15% of every tournament you walk away with the title!

Good Job Guys. Curtis and I had our butts handed to us on a plate. We fished the Lil' Hustler tourney on Winni today. Everyone was weighing limits of 8 fish average was 16lbs with the winning weight over 23lbs. Curtis and I weighed in (don't laugh it's our first tourney) 3 fish weighing a total of 3.96lbs.....LOL ALL of them were Curtis's. I caught 6 dinks all day. I don't know where our fish went... Last weekend we EASILY had about 15lbs of fish and today they were gone??? I guess that's tourney fishing for ya.

Marke

Buzz/Rob,

Congrats on the 6th place finish. Good luck if you go to Winni.

Marke,

Don't quit your day job yet! I hope you had fun at the tourney and can only get better at the next one. I have already told my wife "DO NOT LET ME THINK THAT I CAN FISH FOR A LIVING!!!"

Bob G.

2 oz......19.06 pounds.....lost to a team that was fishing my area. But two 19 pound sacks in two weekends is nothing to b*tch about. 19.2 last weekend for the win. Got another big tournament this weekend, hopefully I will win the 10k.

Mini

Overall sounds like you guys did well and enjoyed yourselves.

Bear

Buzz & Rob,

Congrats.

BTW - I am closing on a place near North Hero on the 16th.

It was a good time. There were lots of big guns there surprisingly. Buzz is right, we each lost some nice fish. I lost a 4 and two 3's that really did us in. Buzz was always right there with the net, but in the time that I would wait and let them tire to be ready for the net, they just kept working the hooks and then would spit the bait after a 4 minute fight. I did raise one HUGE 6 lb smallie that I nearly jumped in after. I think he was just checking out my bait. Thanks again to Buzz, for the use of the boat, and putting me up on Saturday night. He has a great family, and very nice home. You should see the view from his backyard! WOW! If I'm not guiding for birds on the weekend of the Winnie tourney, we will probably fish it. The director tells me it's their biggest, with a BBQ and lots of free tackle from vendors. And if those smallies act like Champlains is September, well Buzz, we will make enough to at least pay for the trip, that much I'm pretty sure.

All I will say for the pattern is.........jerkbait! What kind? You guys need to figure that out. LOL

Hey Doug, great! Now we have another Nitro owner to share the stage with at tourneys!

Douglas,

Long time no hear! Are you moving to Vermont or getting a camp? Let me know if you want to get together and do some fishing. My current addiction is smallmouth fishing!

Bob G.

Bob,

I am getting a cottage on Pelots Bay - usable year round and will eventually retire there. When up in July, I could not access the web to get your number. I will be up most weekends after I close also will be up 8/30 thru 9/8, we can hook up then.

Pelots is great for spring LM and crappie. Plus you're only a 5 minute boat ride from the Pt Au Roche launch.

Douglas,

Congrats on the cottage purchase. I like fishing in the passage way and around Cloak Island. How did you do fishing in July? I caught some of my best smallies in July. Send me an e-mail or call before you come up.

Bob Gabriel

802-893-1601

[email protected]

Bob,

Caught a lot of smallies (largest 4.9) and a few LM. Fishing was on and off, very different from other years for the time of year, and a lot of south wind,

I will give you call before I come up.

Latest posts

Back