My Turn!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
First Mac posts a picture of a nice hawg:huh:, then Mini posts some toads:wacko:. Well boys and girls, now it's my turn!!

I had a guide trip today and the guys were not fishermen to say the least.....They wanted a split day Crappie/Bass. Ugggggghhhhhh....that's a tall order on a good day!! I met them at 6:30am and we hit the lake. At 10am the sky opened up and we got dumped on. The reason the sky opened up.....Major cold front. Temp dropped 15 degrees, you could see your breath. Wind picked up to 15-20 out of the North.....Storm passed and I ran them to a deep creek with beaver huts. We got out in the middle and I told them to fish the channel edges. Ended up catching about 30 that looked like this:

scan0003a.jpg

Also caught keeper White Perch, Yellow Perch, a few catfish and a throwback stripper. Now it was bassin time. Went to another creek and had to teach them how to throw spinning reels:blink: They brought Zebco's. Then I had to teach them how to fish a Senko (there are now a bunch of boathouses in the creek with Senko's on the roof:lol: ). They caught a few bass but they needed a real lesson so I boated this:

scan0002aa.jpg

My first citation of 2008!! If you can believe it, I lost one bigger because I could not get into the well to lip her. The client was rather large and didn't get out of the seat. I tried going over the gunnel and wraped the line around my hand. I thought she was all done.....nope....one more run and almost pulled me overboard:p I've got the cuts on my hand to prove it. I'd estimate she was 9lbs. What a great day!! A great tuneup for the MVM!!

TOXIC

nice fish hammer! Great guide day it looks like!!!! Hope you get some repeat business out of them!

And to think, I am sitting here in a motel in Arlington.....lovely...

BUT I am goign out on Friday after I get my engine printout from the dealer!!!!

Hey Tox... what creek? I have a ladder, and I'm running low on some colors of Senko's. Might have to go "shop" the boat house roofs this week for cast-off's. :lol::lol::lol:

Great job man!

All the best,

Glenn

Then I had to teach them how to fish a Senko (there are now a bunch of boathouses in the creek with Senko's on the roof ).

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice fish Toxic! Yours and theirs:p BTW, I have never seen a throwback stripper!:rolleyes: Well, maybe if she was really ugly and had no build at all..But how did you get a stripper out there? Just kidding you buddy! What a great day. I just may have to hire you for a trip:wub:

Uncle Billy

Hey TOX, that's a great day on the water. I'm sure those guys were real happy. Good deal.

JP

Yeah, it was a great day but it could have been a banner day!! I also lost what would have been my first citation crappie. I have never seen a crappie jump but the one I hooked sure did. I thought it was a bass till it came up next to the boat!! Had to be 2.5-3lbs. The biggest crappie I have ever had hooked up!! If I can manage one more citation this year in Virginia, I'll get my Master Angler designation. Why is it that these days come at the oddest time...If I was in a tournament and rolled into that one creek, I have no doubt that I could have boated a 23lb+ bag. I would have never left all day!! That weight is estimated just from the ones I caught, the one I lost and others I actually saw roaming the creek. Oh well, those 2 clients were really happy.

Here's a question.....I wonder how much weight a bass looses during/after the spawn? I know larger fish would loose more but there has got to be a "rule of thumb" type of answer. You always hear "Oh she'd have been Xlbs if I caught her before she spawned out".

TOXIC

10-15% of total body weight on most females, I do beleive. This is my estimation. The bigger the fish, the more weight.

Nice job tox.

Never seen a throw back stripper? HAHAHAHAHAHA, I have!

These eyes have seen too many "throwback strippers":eek::lol:

Guys, good thing im at work and have no access to my pictures on the home computer...but dont be disapointed yet. Im gonna post some pics of some REAL florida hawgs. Pack your bags, you might wanna move down here.

Mike Gershberg

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff

Royal Palm Bassmasters President

hey toxic,

i have a tourny in 2 weeks on anna, might have to get a little help if they are still there.

mike c

Mike, you have mail...I hope they are still there.

Gersh....Them Southern strain big heads don't count!! Unless I catchem that is:lol::lol: My trophy replica weight for a Southern strain is 13lbs. Northern strain, is 10lbs. I've had some 9's but never a 10!! Smallmouth 6+, Crappie 3+lbs (there was a 4 pounder just caught not far from me:angry: ), Bluegill 3+lbs, Walleye (now that I know) 10+lbs, Spot 6+lbs. That's why there are no replica's on my walls yet. I like to set the bar high!! Probably should have mounted a 15lb Tiger Musky but I was so excited I wanted to get her back in the water asap. Tape measure and digital camera are ready to go!!

TOXIC

That's a TOAD Tox,...NICE fish!!! Catch a couple more just like that and you'll ALMOST be ready to handle a 5lb smallie!!:rolleyes::lol::p

Seeya in a couple weeks!

Nice head Tox! Now I hope you're not thinking that a Fl strain 10+ lb.'er is more plentiful or easier to catch than a Northern strain bighead. They're definitely not. I've been at arm's length of a few :rolleyes:, and I'll tell you that they are both equally challenging. For preference, I'd much rather fish for Northern heads after a front than FL strain. FL's are a shallow crew for the most part and are much more affected by frontal changes. Northern lips seem to roll with the temps much better and are more dependable through adverse weather. At least in my limited experience. :D

Y'all have fun with them brown spots, err, I mean smallies!!!:lol:

What......???? I thought all the Florida, Southern strain Big Heads got to 20lbs and just jumped in the boat!!:lol: Leastwise it looked that way for the Elites on Clear Lake, Amistad and Falcon!! You will never see bags like that of Northern Strain.....Word!!:lol::p

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back