My boat loan was sold to E-trade.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
Well I just had a surpise visit from a Repo man!!

Apparently my boat loan was sold to E-trade Financial. They are supposed to send me a new coupon book but in the mean time, I'm suppposed to send my payments to the same place. December's payment check cleared, January's payment check cleared and February's check was mailed but has not cleared yet.

The repo guy said I'm two months behind!!! I have January's cleared check!!! I hope Etrade gets their crap together. I hate when banks buy and sell loans. One time my mortgage changed companies 3 times in one year and we had a similar situation with our house.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case Etrade ends up with your loans.

There is going to be some phone calls tomorrow!!!

Oh yeah...He didn't take my boat :eek:)

I would hope he didn't try to take your boat with you having the cleared checks, cause it if was me he could've taken some LEAD in his butt with him also.

Man that sucks!!! What bank did you have your loan with? I think it would be a good place for people to avoid. Do you have access to a credit union? if you do mabye now is a good time to refinance. I have found my credit union much better to deal with then any bank. They wint sell off your loan and if there is ever a problem they have people who are willing to and can help unlike a normal bank.

Marke... amke absolutely clear that your credit report gets cleared up. You might want to get one of thode credit watch deals and start a protest if there is a negative report...

Also make sure that they don't try to tag the repo costs on to the back end of your loan.

If their systems are so screwed up that they couldn't track your payments, they've probably already done that, too.

...and all this time I though you paid cash for your boat!!! LOL

az

Seems like my friend remington just kinda "Goes off" in situations like that...

T.S.

Easy on the Repo man guys...he's just doin his job nasty as it might be. He only knows what the bank told him right or wrong. He was pretty cool to walk away. Believe me it's no fun dodging those bumblebees trying to get outta harm's way!!LOL I have a hard time running in a straight line to this day!!hahaha I used to do that kinda work and let me tell you if I found it, it was gone!! Cancelled checks or not. Heck, my wife had a deputy come to our door and serve her on an expired city sticker ticket she paid 3 months ago (forgot to get it). She had the check cancelled by the city and he still served her.

Seriously, there are a lot of guys on this board who will tell you to think good, hard, and long before you pull a gun on someone. Never pull it unless you intend to use it and never use it unless you intend to kill....period. You might think that the "flight or fight" instinct will always be flight but let me tell you for some (like me) it is the fight mentality that takes over and if you pull a rod on me you better use it because if you don't I'll take it away from you and I will. It's a survival thing.

TOXIC

Ok, I just wanted to put an update on Marke's previous post as we are in the process of figuring out the situation.

The gentleman who came knocking on our door last night wasn't a "repo-man". He was a field agent for the finance company. He had no information other than he was to deliver a letter stating that they had not received 2 payments.

Because we recently went strictly cellular, they were unable to contact us by phone to make us aware of the situation because they did not have our current #'s. They said that they sent a letter to us on February 9th to inform us, but we have yet to recieve that. Go figure...

Long story short, I will be talking to the gentleman again shortly and am not sure if it had something to do with the loan being taken over by E-trade or not... but he has been very professional and very nice. I may even have been able to work a small e-trade stock account in as "compensation for the inconvenience" :eek:) Marke will appreciate that quote...

No charge will be incurred to us for the gentleman coming here, and we didn't even have to use the remington :)

Take care guys! Now go take care of the "feva" and do a little shopping in the new BPS Spring Fever Sale catalog!!!

Tox...

No need for you to wrestle with an armed man... just turn and fire!!!!

Seriously, you are correct in your advice. Never, ever, be deterred from being prepared to defend your self... But, if you have a gun in hand, do not "point" it at anyone or anything unless you believe yourself to justifiably fear that you or someone else is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm... Now, while my boat comes close, it isn't worth killing someone for it...

"Field Agent"...How was I supposed to know? As far as I'm concerned, if man rolls up in my driveway at 8pm with a truck and trailer hitch because he thinks my boat payments are late...he's a "repo-man"..LOL

Thanks for the fine investigative work hunny. I'll make sure to buy you something nice from the Spring catalog (and I'm not talking about the BPS one ;o)

Thanks for all your advice guys. I will definitely be checking into some of the local credit unions. I don't like the idea of sending my payment to some dot com located in CA anyway.

WHAT? Make it flower PATTERNED....and see through! LOL

Yeah, I gotta go with Rob on this one...

Close call, partner!

And ditto Tox. Having carried(legally) for several years, never, ever, pull a piece unless you intend on destroying your intended target. It's no fun drawing down on someone who's "just joking". My hands were still shaking the next morning.

Craig

Good outcome. Glad they are taking the time to get it right. A real Repo-Man would have never even let you know he was there..LOL !! You'd have come out in the morning scratchin' your rear lookin for the paper and noticed the wheel chocks where your boat used to be!!hehehehe I knew you would give that advicee Greg...too many folks come out wavin' a gun like it's a nightstick. For those professionally "trained" in firearm usage (law enforcement/military), you would be in serious trouble. That's why I don't carry unless required by work. Never did when I was repo-ing. Nasty business. That little documentary on TV wasn't even close!!LOL,

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back