MP3 Player Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
My mom bought my niece and newphew a MP3 player, Audiophase brand. Can they use I- Tunes to down load to it, or can you only use I-Tunes for an IPOD Thanks for any help.

Donnie

I tunes will only "talk" to an ipod, meaning that it will only put songs on an ipod device from withing its interface. In theory you should be able to download songs with itunes and put them on any device but that device needs to be able to read aac files. The other problem is the digital right managament, apple encodes all Itunes purchaced files with DRM so they can only be played on a pc or device liscenced to play them, in the case if itunes and Ipod. There are programs that will remove the DRM( not sure if thats legal or not) and ones that will convert AAC to MP3.

So in a nutshell, no it wont work. At least not easily.

Wrong -- My son puts songs from his I-tunes on to his 4gig RCA Lyra MP-3 player. I will find out how he does it and re-post. Most of his songs in his I-tunes were not purchased but downloaded from Limewire. They still end up in I-tunes and can be uploaded to the MP-3 player also.

Byron,

are you sure your son isnt using Windows Media Player 10 to put the songs on his Lyra? Windows Media player is what RCa recommeds and supports the formats the kyra supports, MP3,WMA, WMA DRM. Itunes would only support the MP3 format. I have a bunch of non apple media players( my job hands them out like candy) and none of them work with itunes. they all however do work fine with windows media player and they also support drag and drop in Windows Explorer. If i was using a non apple device Itunes would be the last software i would use to put music on it, its one of the worst ones out there. Its slow and disorganised , windows media player and Winamp are much better applications for media management.

As far as downloding goes if you buy music from the itunes store you wont be able to play them unless your media player can use AAC(m4a) format unless you convert them to something else. The ipod and Microsoft Zune are the only two i know that can play that format. if you put aac files on a lyra for instance it would not be able to play them.

BTW since Limewire isnt a paid service if you download copyrighted material using it you are breaking the law and people are getting caught all the time.

I read on-line that if you down load from I tunes, then burn them to a disk, THEN copy those to a folder on your desktop, and then finally dump them to the "non" Apple MP3 player it would work. (I really did read this) I guess when you burn them to the disk it should burn as a regular MP3 and allow you to then dump them into the player. I dunno, Jim you think that would work?

Donnie

Yes Donnie that will work, you have to put them on a cd as raw audio and then use another program or itunes to rip them back in MP3 format. Kinda a pain if you ask me. There are freeware programs that will remove the digital rights management and others that will convert the aac to mp3 format. i dont know the "legality" of it but they do exist.

Talked to my son and what he is doing is burning a data disc with the Itune files on Nero 6 Ultra. Then put the disc back in the PC, open the CD, open the MP-3 player as a new drive in "My Computer" not using the useless software that comes with player, Drag and Drop the MP-3's.

Back