motorguide plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
Was having a great day fishing the potomac this morning when my trolling motor died, after a long search, the plug wires melted and took the receptacle with it. Does anyone know where i can get a replacement plug, I hope i can get one with out ordering it, cause its suppse to be in the 80's all week.

thanks

mike

Mike, You should also find out why the plug fried or it will probably happen again.

Mike, do you have an inline fuse, or a breaker for that motor? That shouldn't happen! I would definitely find out what happened, before using it again. JMHO, Bill.

I think it just got to hot from over use. I had the trolling motor on high for 1 1/2 hours to hold me into the wind. The wire just failed as well as the fuse. I have since ungraded to 4 gauge wire a circut breaker and a spliter so i can install and additional trolling motor receptacle for my second battery and i am also adding a 12 volt power source for my black light. I just need to find two male receptacles that are two prong for the front panel.

mike

If they are two prong enclosed in a molded on plastic housing, you are gonna need more than two if you add another battery. I did that before and should have started with a Marinco plug rated for the amperage. I melted a half a dozen of them running 2 12v deep cycle batteries in parallel to get more run time....been there done that. Save your self the headache and use a new female and male receptacle for the trolling motor.

Mini

Latest posts

Back