Motorguide Aluminum Weedless Prop 3.5

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
Has anyone try the motorguide Aluminum Weedless Prop? I see that motorguide recommend this prop for 36v only; Has anyone try it on a 24v? It is save to save to used on a 24 or this will burn or damage my? :unsure:

I wasn't aware that there was an aluminum weedless prop.

Where did you see that advertized?

The Safari is the only "weedless" prop in their inventory and that is plastic.

i had one on an 80 lb. thrust 24 volt trolling motor and it didn't hurt anything,on the other hand it also didn't make a noticable difference in my trolling motor being anymore weedless.

i couldn't tell the difference between the aluminum and the plastic just in price

Hey Wayne, search in google: MotorGuide Metal Machete III Blade Aluminum Weedless Prop 3.5" MGA087M

Nitro Dan, It do not cut grass like advertise? I got a 75lb thrust/ 24v and the lakes where I fish its all about getting on the tick stuff... I though it would cut that grass and make it more weedless... It's that's the case, I will stay with my regular 3 blade machete that came with...

Tein, I go by the description that Motor Guide uses:

http://www.motorguide.com/store/accessories/propellers

I am aware of the three blade Machette III aluminum--weedless it ain't

the aluminum prop is no more weedless than the original plastic prop in my opinion, it definetly did not work well enough to justify the additonal cost when compared to the standard prop.

The purpose of the aluminum prop is to eliminate blade flex when used with the 36V motors.

The Safari prop works very well, I fish Guntersville every day and I have had no problems with it.

If it is to eliminate the blade flex on 36v, I guess that's why motorguide recomnd. for the 36v only, that made sense...;)

Now The Safari prop, I would take a look at that one too... Motorguide should made one like a mower blade, so sharp that you could made new roads in the Jungle of Central Florida lakes, :lol: I even have a name for the new prop, Tarzan :lol:

Latest posts

Back