Morning Funny from ATL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution "VENT" column this morning...

"For future reference: Pre-wrapped or not, bass boats do not make good Mother's Day gifts!"

Not true in all cases!

My wife loves to sit in the back and read, look at scenery and whatever while I fish and pull backlashes.

It's looks kinda' funny though when you see a PT175 with

a beach umbrella open over the rear deck.

Ya' gotta give some to take some. So if you see a beach umbrella on the back of a Tracker and it ads "Ban 'de Soille"

you know it's me....

After all, you gotta look at it from this perspective. It ain't a vacuum cleaner.

Gave one of those to my wife many years ago for her birthday, right after we moved to a new bigger house. I hear about that vacuum 3-4 times a year, like clockwork. She totally missed that it was new, more powerful, automated (power drive - arrrrgggghhh), and would make her vacuuming easier. Hmmmmmmmmm. Maybe that last part is a clue!

Tex

Richard - How do you attach the umbrella to the boat??

Rob - ONLY a true REDNECK would ask that one!!! LOL

I did once give her a new Kitchen Sink hose/squirter, LEARNED that lesson the HARD WAY only ONCE!!! LOL

Rob funny you should mention that. I bought a new CZ in 40 caliber S&W at a gun show last weeek and I got caught (sneaking) bringing in the back door. I told my wife it was her mother's day gift. Ended up having to take her to breakfast but I got to keep the handgun.

fatrap

.......reminded me of one year when I bought my wife a new rototiller for Mother's Day. She wasn't impressed with that either! Guess you just can't satisfy 'em!

Not so sure about that, it was what I gave my wife for mother's day last year... upgrading her previous years valentine's day present!

I got it made!

Nothing says I love you like a new stapler! Last years gift to each other was a trip to Boston a couple weeks prior to our anniversary. A week before our anniversary she was complaining about her stapler in our home office. So as a jesture of love I bought her a heavy duty stapler to go with the expected card. The stapler was a bonus for crying out loud!! I still hear about it every month or so.

Ever the romantic,

Gene

My wife STILL reminds me of the suggestion one year that I get her a power tool from Sears that was on sale, for Mothers Day. I will NOT ever make that mistake, even in jest, again :)

Carlos

My brother-in-law has the best gift "foul up". He bought his wife for their anniversary, get ready for this.......a rope ladder that hangs from the window for emergency use.

The police officer who took the report said that after they get him down from the window, the rope burns on his neck should heal!!

TOXIC

I took a little chance, made a brace out of sheet aluminum where the shaft would fit in a channel I hammered into it and screwed it (easier said than done) to the bulk head behind the middle seat and (here is where the chance comes in) the (gulp) livewell. Which the screws did not reach. :>)Works really well and noticeable only when you fold the seat down or the ummy is stuck in it.

We have either the bravest... Or, the dumbest collection of "husbands" ever assembled. ROTFLMPCJNO

Usually I just buy roses,then take her out for dinner and maybe a movie for Mother's day, but this year, I got her a new toaster,

(she'd been complaining about this white 4 slice job that she says is impossible to keep clean, even though it works great!)

Well, I guess toasters aren't very high on the Mother's day gift priority list with her, so now this Saturday morning I get to take her to breakfast and then to the boat for some slot machine fun....... gonna be one REAL expensive Mother's day/toaster...... what was I thinking?!?! egMike

See... we're running like five to two for "dumbest"...

Latest posts

Back