MK IPilot/Humminbird 898 HD SI question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Mark

Reaction score
Last summer I sold my Targa and built a 1648 jon for fishing the Wisconsin River. I purchased a Terrova 80 IPilot w/US2, MKA-21 quick release mount, MK-330 charger, and two 31 series AGM batteries. I had a Lowrance 522C which I mounted at the tiller. My plans were to buy a HB 898 HD SI this spring, mount that back by the tiller for side imaging & move the Lowrance up to the Terrova thru the US. Shortly after buying the Terrova, the Link system came out & I was thrilled to be able to connect the 898 to the Terrova for contour following. Now I'm reading my IPilot won't connect to a 898 without upgrading to the Link add-on for another $800??? Is that true? IF true, is there now or in the near future a trade-up option for current (new) IPilot owners, or any other way to do this connection more economically? Also, if this IS possible, can the US2 be utilized for the Lowrance, and a 898 be linked to the Terrova for tracking purposes, and use the SI transducer on the transon for scanning? Really, really hate to think I dreamed of owning an IPilot instead of my old PD2 to only have the IPilot not be the ultimate bang for my hard saved bucks.

Hoping Wayne or Greg will have definitive answers...

Thanks,

Mark

I can't help you with that motor type. I bass fish so I have no desire for one.

You will need the ipilot link. I have a Terrova, but I have a Lowrance HDS system, so I'm not able to use the ilink. By purchasing the US2 adapter, the 552 will work up front.

I too bass fish Wayne, mostly on the river. I do occasionally go to neighboring lakes as well. The spot lock is awesome for river fishing! I have 2 buddies who own Maxxums & stated after playing with the IPilot that they will be switching from their cable steers. Just can't seem to justify in my mind spending $1500 on the 898 HD SI plus another $800 for the Link to "upgrade" my new $1500 motor... guess I'm screwed with a new/used 3 months Terrova that isn't the industry lastest-and-greatest and an outdated Lowrance unit...

Latest posts

Back