Minn Kota %$#%$#:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
Has anyone had a Genesis Autopilot, I've had mine less then two weeks and the SOB won't deploy all the way down, the first time the belt was loose and it worked fine the next three times out. Went out tonight and it didn't deploy again, stepped on the trim down switch as manual stated and it deployed to the point it being two inches above the water. Needless to say I was PO'd.. Tried it several times with no sucess. Anyone have any ideas as I'm getting totally discouraged with this unit being it's only two weeks old. I purchased though mail order and had local Tracker dealer install, and of course they are not a Authorized Minn Kota dealer.. Help please!!!!!

I have a Genesis 74 AP on My new Lund.. Been using it a month now, flawless every time. Belt adjustment is to be expected. make sure you have good connections with quality wire. Not sure what gauge wire Tracker uses but I would Upgrade to 6-8 Gauge with as few connectors as possible These motors draw a few more AMps than others and A voltage drop causes problems and glitches. I got this info from Minn Kota as I called them for advice before installing mine.

Back