Minn-kota Terrova Trolling Motor?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJRazorback

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have a 2015 Nitro Z6 with the standard Minn-kota trolling motor that came with the boat.

I am looking to buy a new Minn-kota Terrova, 45" shaft, 24v (80lb), trolling motor with built-in Mega Down Imaging and i-Pilot Link GPS. I found that all of the authorized dealers on line are "Out of Stock", so I stopped at our local Bass Pro thinking it would be easy to place an order and them give me an ETA. But the salesman just laughed and told me, "even if I could give you an ETA I wouldn't trust it to be true".

I'm not too excited about giving Bass Pro (or anyone else for that matter), $2,500.00 without knowing at least a ballpark idea of when I'll get my trolling motor. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Trolling Motors

My son and I both purchased Minn Kota's, (Ultrex) at two differenct tiimes, from these guys. They wore both manfacturer refurbished units. After a year, I have nothing but good to say about Glenn's and the equiment we bought. Paid less than $2,000 for these with iPilot system, 45" 80# with remote. Both arrived looking brand new as if they were actually never installed.
Only downside is that Minn Kota only provides 1 year of warranty with refurbished units. I would buy mine again there without hesitation..
I'm thinking you might can get one from a less known seller like these guys....

Good luck!

I’ve bought several electronics and other boat items from “My Green Outdoors”. They’re located in Minnesota. The Terrova might be on back order but they are close to the factory and usually get things out pretty quick, even back ordered products. You might call them and see.

Thanks Larry and Bret for the response. I spoke the a rep from Minn-Kota and he searched inventories of all the authorized dealers and found a 60” unit at Northland Marine. He told me if I wanted to order a 60” shaft I could take it to a Tracker boat center and they could cut it to 45” and keep it under warranty. I had checked My Green Outdoors and every other authorized online dealer and none had a 45” or could say when they would have one, so I ordered the 60” from Northern Marine. I should have it in a couple of days.
Thanks again.

Thanks Larry and Bret for the response. I spoke the a rep from Minn-Kota and he searched inventories of all the authorized dealers and found a 60” unit at Northland Marine. He told me if I wanted to order a 60” shaft I could take it to a Tracker boat center and they could cut it to 45” and keep it under warranty. I had checked My Green Outdoors and every other authorized online dealer and none had a 45” or could say when they would have one, so I ordered the 60” from Northern Marine. I should have it in a couple of days.
Thanks again.
Northland is another really good company. I have bought Minn Kota parts from them for years- they are experts on Minn Kota troll motors of all ages and you can't beat their prices on the parts for repairs.

Hey all,
I’m getting ready to set up my Nitro Z6 with a 24 volt system for my new Minn-Kota Terrova 80 lb thrust. I’ve been researching batteries and have narrowed it down to an Interstate 31m Deep Cycle 98 Amp Hour or a VMax SLR125, Group 31,125 Amp Hour. Minn-Kota says that best performance for an 80 thrust requires a Group 31, 95 to 125 Amp Hours. The VMax is almost twice as expensive as the Interstate but the Interstate is at the low end of the required specs. Also, these are the cheapest 2 batteries I find within the specs.

So my question is, does anyone run a Terrova 80lb thrust with 98 to 100 Amp Hours? If so, how does it do? Is the extra 25 to 27 Amp Hours worth the the extra money?

DJ, I run an Ulterra on a 24V system, with two group 31's. On my third year and I have never had any problem at all!!! I do recharge after every use and that does the trick. Boy are you in for a treat, the i pilot is great and Minn Kota stands behind their motors. Enjoy

Thanks Don. I'm anxious to get it installed and on the water. I've waited and saved for about 3 years.

So you think I will be ok with the 98 amp hour batteries? Both batteries I am looking at are Group 31. Only a difference in amp hours.

Hello All,
I have a 2015 Nitro Z6 with the standard Minn-kota trolling motor that came with the boat.

I am looking to buy a new Minn-kota Terrova, 45" shaft, 24v (80lb), trolling motor with built-in Mega Down Imaging and i-Pilot Link GPS. I found that all of the authorized dealers on line are "Out of Stock", so I stopped at our local Bass Pro thinking it would be easy to place an order and them give me an ETA. But the salesman just laughed and told me, "even if I could give you an ETA I wouldn't trust it to be true".

I'm not too excited about giving Bass Pro (or anyone else for that matter), $2,500.00 without knowing at least a ballpark idea of when I'll get my trolling motor. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have bought 2 I pilot link plus motors in the last 2 years from the Minn Kota outlet factory store.. Both brand new. Check it out.

Latest posts

Back