Mercury service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Orlando

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere there are different "shop service recognitions" which Mercury assigns to different repair facilities. Does any one know anything about this, and if so how would I find out how Merc. has rated the shops in my area?

Thanks all...

You're correct. The "level of achievement" is based mostly on the Technicians schooling. Certified and Master Techs are what you are looking for....and the "best" can be recognized as "Premier Level" status. This Dealer must meet all of the requisite criteria set forth by Merc, has better than average CSI scores, all of the special tools, and smiling faces....:rolleyes:

Also, these shops can be identified on Mercury Marines consumer web-site. When you do a search in your local area, it will list whether or not the Dealer is at "premier level".

Bob B., .... Thanks so much for getting back to me on this. Some of the places I have been at are to be quite frank, .... scary. I'll take what you said and do the best I can with it. Unfortunately, I basically live literally in the "middle of no-where" ( we only recently got cell phone service), but I don't mind traveling a ways to see that the job gets done right.

I will be due for the initial 200 hour service soon and am concerned that it gets done correctly.

Thanks again buddy.

Back