maps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTT GARDNER

Reaction score
Hi guys just got one of them gps - MAGELLAN Meridian Platinum. Witch mapsend cd gives the best detail of the a lake? Dose anyone else have one of these? Mine is using a set of batteries in about 3 hours.The box says up to 14 hours of use on one set.I have emailed Magellan 2 times and i have not got no repley.Anyone has the same.

I also have a Magellan. The three hours per set of batteries is a little low but not much based on my experience. I ordered the external cigarette lighter power cord and use it whenever I can. It works well and has paid for itself.

Which one u have? I was out today fishing and again about 3 hour is all i get.I have the platinum.I am thinking it may be why they are going dead so fast.The platinum has a the electtronic compass and barometor on it.I am thinking the campass is using alot of power.The campass can be use even if u are not reading and a satalite and give u alot more little fetures.

And it showed me that i was boating on land more the once today.In one spot i went must have been 2 miles up a cove that was not even on the base map

Yes, I have the MapSend Streets CD. The detail is fantastic. It has all the roads down to the smallest cow trail it seems. Do they sell a book of maps called South Carolina Atlas & Gazetter by DeLorme? I bought the Oklahoma version in WalMart. Anyway, it looks as though the MapSend Streets and the Atlas' have the same map source. This sould give you an idea of the map detail. Also, in most cases lake shorelines are very accurate.

Latest posts

Back