mac.ken,mini.anybody trailer guestion.???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
OK I had a class III hitch installed today on the truck, But I forget which plug I need ? four or five pin flat.for Mac's 901cdx.

Yeah, 5, but make sure it's wired correctly. The 5th (brake release) wire needs be wired into your reverse lights so you can back up. If not, the brakes will lock up and you can't launch! Saw a few "do it yourselfers" at the ramp one time skidding backwards down the ramp cause they didn't wire it right! LOL You can have a ball just sitting at a public launch and watching the stupidity of humanity unfold before your eyes. Scary part is once they actually launch....somewhere, that guy is out on the water with a boat!

Thanks Rob that was my next question.That was what the guy at the hitch place was saying I just wanted to confirm it.

Thank you to Wilder.

Now to find the right wire for back up.

Hey Rob that's where an icy ramp is a reeeal help. Huh?

Harpo

My buddy Fred and I met Ken, Marke and Andy at StClair. When we came in Fred went to get the truck and I stayed in the boat. My back up lights don't work so I have to use the brake release. I forgot to tell Fred. He decided it was easier to back the trailer all the way from where it was parked to the ramp. Do you know what it's like to listen to your tires screeching for 2 minutes? Ken, Marke, Andy and I do!!

Gene

Latest posts

Back