• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lucky Craft G-Splash and Sammy's for sale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
DSCF1108.jpg

Please be patient with me as I try to decipher the colors. I went on Lucky Crafts site and tried to match these all up. I'm pretty sure I got the names of the colors right, but look closely at the pictures, as I may have made a mistake in identifying the colors. If I have one wrong, please let me know.

Sammy:

(2) Impact Yellow

(1) Ghost Nishiki (Sold)

(1) Chartreuse Shad (Sold)

(1) Aurora Blue (or is it Aurora Black?)

(2) American Shad - I'm pretty sure that is the color (Sold the top one)

The only one that has been used is the bottom American Shad - it's got slight hook swing marks on it, but they are light.

G-Splash:

(3) Impact Yellow

#4 and #5 down the list were sold on a different site - no longer available

(1) Aurora Blue (or is it Aurora Black?)

The only one that has been used is the top Impact Yellow - you probably couldn't even tell it's been used. I popped it a few times and then switched back to my old favorites.

All have been "tackle box queens" for a year now. They aren't getting used, so they have to go.

$10 each, shipped.

All the best,

Glenn

I'll probably start something again but here goes anyway.:unsure: Glenn, just why in the world do those Lucky Craft lures cost so much money? I have never tried the Lucky Crafts pictured on the left but do have some old top waters that look the same. I don't remember who made them and can't read anything on them..I have some similar poppers as the ones on the right of the picture but they've never worked very well for me. So Lucky Craft, who obviously copied other lures, catch more bass than the originals and so many more that it qualifies them to charge as much as they do??? I just don't understand, that's all..

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy,

Thank you for potentially killing sales of otherwise fine fishing lures. :lol:

In all seriousness though:

Lures that "look" the same are not always the same. Take two lures produced with the same exact mold. Mold one with Polybutylene and the other with Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene(ABS). Put the same metal ball bearings in each, and both lures will sound different when shaken due to the type (softness / elasticity) of the plastic used. Throw them both with the same line and they will run differently due to the weight / material of the plastic used.

The finishes... I'm not "sold" on all the fancy finishes catching more fish. I think it's more of the type of plastic used, etc... that makes the lure work the way it does. The finish is just gravy. Now, I'll admit that I still have more confidence in a quality finished lure, but that's just a confidence thing, which may equate to better fishing BECAUSE I'm confident in the lure. But I've also caught fish on hand-painted jobs that I had to do in a hurry... with Krylon spraypaint. :p

No, price does not dictate if a lure is good or not. Not at all. The best topwater lure I've ever used was imported by a little known Japanese company and I bought it at a local tackle shop for less than $5. Unfortunately, that lure was discontinued. I have 2 left, and you couldn't get them from me for $100's of dollars. I've recently seen one go on Ebay for $120 - for one USED lure.

The Sammy's look almost identical to some Fenwick "Banana Boat" lures that I bought back in 1994. Shake them both - they sound totally different. Walk them both, and they walk differently. I also had some cheap Chinese knock-offs that are identical in every aspect to the Sammy's that were given to me as a present one year. They weight quite a bit less than the Sammy's, and the plastic is VERY thin. I cracked the knock-offs in no time at all.

So... getting back to my sale... :rolleyes: ...

I have four Sammy's and four G-Splashes left. I have sales pending on three of the G-Splashes, but havn't heard back from him today. He wants the Chartruese Shad, Nishiki and one American Shad. Other than that, the others are available.

All the best,

Glenn

The three aforementioned Sammy's are sold now. (Chartruese Shad, Nishiki and one American Shad). I just got his PayPal payment.

All the best,

Glenn

Darn Glenn, I'm sorry!!:( This dumba$$ didn't even think about killing any sales! It didn't seem to have any effect on the sales though, thank goodness. Regardless, I should have just e-mailed you. Sorry again.

Uncle Billy

:lol: No problem Uncle Billy. These kind of sell themselves. And even if I don't sell the rest of them, it's not like I needed to get rid of them. I just have personal favorites that keep getting used instead of these, so these were going to waste. 90% of these lures have never seen life outside of a tackle box. I was just trying to recover a little bit of my hard earned cash.

I just keep reaching for the Yellow Magic poppers and the Heddon Super Spook Jr's (Two of my favorite all time topwaters) again and again, so these lures never get used.

No hard feelings. :)

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back