LowranceGlobal Map 100

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Lariviere

Reaction score
Ok after debating on buying one, a friend told me to check out E-bay so i did and was able to get one for $100.00. Do any of the board members use this unit. Is it fairly easy to use? Any suggestions on accesiores I should have for it beside the Map Create CD? Thanks any and all informatiotn appreciated.

Rob L

only 2meg of memmory But it will be a great addition to mark those midlake humps and ramps. I keep my magellan 330 loaded with waypoints to mark those spots. there's nothing like pulling up to the sweet spot on a 100 yard dia hump and being within 10 feet of the best spot. also allows you to determine how far and fast you have to go to get back.

and you'll never search for the ramp again. Just buy a battery and computer adapter or you'll be buying batteries by the 100's. And mount it in the clear with no obstructions to the sky. My software alows me to store waypoints buy say lakes so I can load and unload them as needed

Rob, I have the GM100 and love it. Although I have not owned any other GPS, this unit is easy to use and works great even under the cover of trees. I use it for fishing, traveling and most recently, geocaching. Purchasing the MapCreate CD is a must.

Thanks guys for the info. It does come with the 12volt adapter and I found some one that has map create. Curtis the plan now is we are planning for the weekend after Labor Day to go back up. You got me hook on Winni. I miss that place. That's all the guys in the club keep talking about. Again thanks for your help you made it a great trip. oh and its your fault I boought the GPS loved looking at the GPS map on your X 16.

ROb L

I have one and ditto on everyone's comments. You definitely need the MapCreate to make it more functional.

Back